04

I love being the center of attention.

All my life that's all I've craved to be noticed when I step into a room, to be the one who everyone knows but nobody knows, I love that. It makes me feel special and happy, I always take the parts I'm good at in life and focus on them. My beauty, cheerleading, painting.. those are the few things I love. And I thrive in them. Unlike Bexley who knows books I know looks.

"I fucking hate early practices," Leah groans as she steps into my car and I chuckle. She checks herself in the mirror and reapplies her lipgloss.

"Especially when it's freezing like this," I add and she agrees. We have this morning routine of coming to school and meeting in the parking lot in my car and just talking till it's time for practice, it's the perfect start to my day.

"But for real... You went back to Noah?"

I groan and grab my coat from the back seat, the black color contracts the red and black color of our cheerleader uniform I was in.

"Leah please I've dealt with enough with Bexley," I say.

"Yeah no kidding, I would have dealt with her if she didn't deal with you first. Belle... baby what is he using to brainwash you?"

"Leah please."

"It doesn't make any sense, you saw them kissing."

"Camilla pushed herself on him, she's always doing that you know how she is. She's trying to break us apart and I won't let her win and besides he was drunk," I breathe.

"Camilla isn't going to stop and neither will Noah. As long as you keep letting him back, he's going to keep having his fun with Camilla and you're going to look the like fool," She argues.

"If I let Noah go she wins."

"Oh my God," She pauses and realization of something flashes in her eyes.

"Do you really love Noah or do you just hate Camilla and don't want her to win and have Noah?"

Her words take me by surprise and I find myself fumbling with the words that try to come out of my mouth. "Are you serious right now?"

"Deadass serious. Cause from what I can notice it's either you're highly stupid or just want to keep pissing Camilla off."

I shake my head at her theories and put on my coat. "Let's go we'll be late for practice."

I get down and she follows me with a sly smile on her face. I couldn't get her words out of my head. But I love Noah..... I do.

"Speaking of the devil," Leah chuckles and we see Camilla walking into school with April. Her curly brown hair hair is packed into a bun with a claw clip. Her caramel skin perfectly compliments her hair. And beside her is the devil's little sidekick herself with her signature glossy lips and sunshade. They both have Starbucks in their hands and are giggling about something before disappearing into the school.

"Really don't know who I despise more between the two of them," I fake a puke and Leah laughs.

"She's coming for your neck this season."

We walk into school hand in hand. This is one thing I love about coming early for practice. The school is almost empty with only the dance team, cheerleaders, the football team, and some students who come early. The girls are quickly walking to get to the gym for practice.

I notice Bexley and Priya going to the field for dance practice. She still hasn't spoken to me since the Noah issue. It's like she has decided to act like I don't exist.

"Seeing these junior cheerleaders run for practice reminds me of us back then. Well captain let's hurry," Leah giggles and begins to run while dragging me.