Twenty one - It's not Greek, you freak.

Out of all the places in the fair, Noah had to bring me here. I will teach him a lesson later when he explains himself to me, but first, I had to get away from this lady.

"There's no need for that, Madam Monique," I said politely. In fact, I had never been so polite to anybody in my entire life as I was to her. "We were just passing by."

"Nobody leaves Madam Monique without getting the answers they were searching for, my child." The beads on her neck dangled as she dragged out two old cushions in front of a small wooden table. It had a crystal ball in the middle. Great. Just so great. "Come. Sit, my children."

"We really shouldn't," I said and took a step back. I was not going to get sucked into this scam. "I'm sure there must be other customers waiting outside for their turn. We don't want to waste their time or yours."

"Nonsense, my child. I haven't had any customers since this morning. This generation is just too scared to know how their future will turn out."

For an old woman, Madam Monique was sure strong enough to pull Noah to the opposite side of the table. That bastard didn't question anything. He was quiet the entire time, simply just staring into nothingness.

Madam Monique picked up a pack of cards from another table and then proceeded to guide me by holding my hand.

"No—don't touch me!"

Cards dropped. Then came the walking stick. I stopped Madam Monique from falling by grabbing her by her stomach. She froze, then snapped her head in my direction, her tiny, wrinkled eyes glinting as if she had just discovered an ancient pirate treasure.

"You." She snarled, pointing a skeletal finger at me while I helped her stand on her stick. "My precious, precious child, who did this to you?"

What?

"There's so much darkness inside of you," she continued. "I haven't sensed so much darkness and pain in anybody for ages."

I was not going to buy any of the crap she just said. "Alright. Listen to me lady, I don't like to repeat myself again. I don't care what kind of voodoo magic you believe in, but I don't, so I won't sit and listen to you tell some fake stories about the "magic sense" or whatever it is called revealed about myself. Is that clear enough for you, hm?"

"Such a strong emotion. Hate. It's consuming you from within. You don't see it yet, my child, but you channel that energy in the wrong direction."

"This is pure BS. I cannot believe you spew lies daily as a part of your job." I said. I wanted to leave, but I could not leave Mr. I-am-invisible-here alone with this crazy lady. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go fetch my ride."

I pushed my way past her and seized Noah, and when we were finally about to get out of there, he stopped.

"Wait." He then turned around and asked Madam Monique. "How good are you?"

My eyes grew wide as saucers. First, he brought me here without my consent after seeing Miss Pretty-and-Pregnant lady, and when I finally managed to get us out of this seer's clutches, he decided to wake up from his dreamland and walk right back into her clutches.

"Good enough for what you seek, child." Madam grinned, obviously taunting me of her victory. Madam Monique 1. Sarah 0.

"Noah, you cannot be serious about this." I hissed under my breath. "Fortune telling is nonsense. It's for people who have no ambition or motive in life. Don't tell me you believe in this crap."

"I don't. But you shouldn't insult someone's belief like that, Sarah." He whispered back. "People like Madam Monique make a living out of it."

"I. Don't. Care."