The Bite

...

"I'm getting tired of fighting interdimensional monsters."

...

After going into Billy's mind, Eleven was still a little shaken up and needed some time to calm down. While Liv was waiting she stepped outside to watch the fireworks. A few minutes later Max came out and wrapped her arms around Liv's waist, hugging her from behind.

"They're beautiful, right?" Max asked as she rested her chin on Liv's shoulder and looked up at the fireworks.

"Yeah." Liv responded as she leaned back into Max.

"But not as beautiful as you." Max grinned.

Liv turned to face Max with a smile. "That was really corny."

"You loved it though." Max said with her arms still wrapped around Liv's waist.

Liv rolled her eyes before leaning in and pressing a hard kiss on Max's lips.

"Livie?" Max said in between kisses and earning a hum in response. "El said she's ready to talk about what happened."

"I'm getting tired of fighting interdimensional monsters." Liv said when she pulled away.

"Yeah. It amazes me how we're still alive." Max replied.

"Don't jinx it, Max." Liv told her.

Max let out a soft laugh. "Let's go inside."

Max took Liv's hand in her own and led her back inside the cabin and over to where the others were sitting in the living room. Max sat down on the couch and Liv sat on her lap.

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me." El started to explain from her spot on the couch next to Max.

"Building something... Is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"He must be." Nancy answered.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said as he paced.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike jumped in.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will added.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike said.

Lucas nodded. "Like, royally."

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way..." Mike continued.

"Game over." Lucas finished.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El softly said.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Liv sarcastically said as everyone went wide eyed.