Chapter XIX (Arc 2)

5 years later

It was late summer and autumn seemed to be around the corner making the air a bit gloomy even with the sun shining.

The sunlight seeped into the café through the wide open glass window and it illuminated the pale and slender figure that sat at the window table.

Her head hung low as she gently sipped the drink in front of her. Her skin was pale and silky and her hair was long and it flowed with grace.

Her face couldn't be clearly seen, because her hair was down and a man in an expensive black suit walked towards her in confident strides.

He sat down on the chair and stared at the girl in front of him.

" You are her daughter, Ling Zhirou. Am I correct?"

The girl put her cup down and raised her head to look at the man.

" Yes."

" I see. Your mother, I didn't really know her, so it really came as a surprise ."

" She didn't really hold it against you."

"I see. I was honestly suprised I had another daughter. Your mother,I hope she didn't suffer."

The girl clenched her hands a bit hearing the man's words but smiled.

" Not at all, Mr Wang."

" Oh, it would please me greatly if you call me father."

" Ok, father"

"Mm, let's go. My car is outside and it will take sometime to get to our new home there so I hope you can bear with me."

Ling Zhirou reached for her bag to pay for her drink but her father offered to pay for her.

They both got into the car and sat side by side as the driver drove on. The car ride was quiet and Ling Zhirou looked outside not bothering to chat up her father at all.

As it looked like the reached a much nicer community, Wang Linkai spoke up , " Zhirou, you see, I hope you can bear with some of the actions of my wife. She is very optionated so I hope you don't mind."

" As long as she treat me fairly, I will be filial father."

" Ok good, good. My other daughter, Wang Linxue, I hope you get along as well."

Ling Zhirou stayed silent at that until they reached the house. The driver opened the door and they both got out.

She slung her bag on her back and followed the man into the mansion.

They entered the fancy mansion and were greeted by a row of maids dressed neatly,
"Welcome sir." the maids greeted in unison.

" Get back to your posts."

" Yes sir.", They chorused and scattered away.

Just then a woman entered dressed in a black designer dress came down from the stairs. She looked vibrant as she walked down.

She stood in front of the duo as her husband introduced,
" Luman, this is Ling Zhirou. She will be staying with as from now on."