Chapter XXIV

If you vote and comment, Arigato gozaimasu🙇🙇🙇

After walking around the school with him, Ling Zhirou had sat with him in the cafeteria. Xi Jinwei was quiet the whole time and only spoke when he wanted to show her something.

"Xi Jinwei?" She said as the walked down the hallway. They were garnering a lot of attention due to their ' match made in heaven' vibe.

Xi Jinwei didn't seem to mind but Ling Zhirou held his arm tighter with a blush trying to place a label. She was usually rational but when it came to him, she always acted a bit...shy.

"Mm?" He turned to her.

"I want to tell you something. Can we talk at the school lounge?"

" En."

They walked to the school lounge and sat down on one of the benches. There were a lot of things to be said but she had to start from the root.

" How have you been? It's been five years. You've grown so much." She paused.

" What is it?"

She remembered how he looked at her sister and it bothered her so much.

'This wasn't how it was supposed to go. He is supposed to be with me. The villainess was not supposed to be friends with the male lead.'

Ling Zhirou was the female lead of this novel. One day when she was young, she had a dream from a Goddess who explained to her how the world she lived in was documented.

The Goddess explained to her what would happen in her life and the things she would face. First when she heard it, she thought it was a big joke.

Until recently, when she remembered the Goddess told her a few things like how her mother would die from her cancer and how she would become the daughter of an upper class family she started to believe.

As for why the Goddess told her, she could not have an answer. So before coming to the Wang Family, she knew, Wang Linxue was one of the villainesses in her life and would do anything to sabotage her.

What she did not expect was how some details had changed drastically. Unlike what the Goddess told her, Xi Jinwei looked at her sister differently than expected and it hurt her.

Xi Jinwei was hers and she wasn't going to let the scheming villainess Wang Linxue have him since she didn't love him and was doing this for her father's sake.

So she also tweaked the her role in the story a bit and her father had to do her bidding due to some secrets of his she knew.

Ling Zhirou was brought out of her reverie when Xi Jinwei placed his hand on her shoulder.

" You've been spacing out. What do you want to tell me? Mm?"

Ling Zhirou lifted her eyes to look at him. She studied his dark eyes and the gentle light it gave. She could get trapped in his gaze for a while but he backed away a bit.

" Um, so what do you think of my sister, Wang Linxue. I know you are engaged to each other. "

" I don't want to talk about it.'' He cut off.

" Right." She lifted up her arm and turned to her wrist. " Wang Linxue, she, is very hateful. Look what she did to my arm with her nails."

The scratch marks had clotted but the length was longer than first time.

" How could you be friends with her? She is very hateful and will do everything to sabotage me. Just study her for a few days and you'll see that I am right."