chapter 6: something smells fishy

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

No matter how badly Neteyam wanted Ikariya to be wrong, she was sadly right. They were moving. To the other side of the planet, it felt like. They've been flying for hours. Ikariya didn't mind as much, she was used to flying long distances. They don't call Tayrangi the ikran people for nothing. Lo'ak and Neteyam loathed her for how well she was doing. The two boys were exhausted and hungry while she was still as chipper as she could be. They'd faced a storm, almost making Lo'ak fly off of his ikran while trying to dodge some very pointy rocks. Either way, they'd survived. But at what cost?

Once the ocean turned a pretty greenish blue color, Ikariya got a little more exited than she was before. They circled around a village with pretty beaches before Jake called, making clear that they were about to land.

As they landed, a flock of Na'vi already circled them and their ikran. Lo'ak looked at Ikariya as she shot him a funny look. 'What the hell are these people? They kind of look like yerik. I mean, they have the same color. And the same fish lips.' She joked as Lo'ak let out a large laugh.

Neteyam rolled his eyes at her comment, like he usually did.

Both Sully boys greeted a couple of turquoise Na'vi by putting their and up to their head and slowly lowering it again. The two turquoise Na'vi looked like they were trying to intimidate the group, one walking up to them with his chest puffed up.

'Look. What is that? Is that supposed to be a tail?' The shorter one said, looking at Lo'ak's tail as some others laughed.

The taller one stepped forward to Ikariya, looking her up and down as he slowly smiled. 'Hey, I'm Aonung. But you can call me Nung.' He said.

Ikariya side eyed the boy, moving her head more to the side to look at Lo'ak. She pointed her finger to her opened mouth as she pretended to gag.

Lo'ak pushed his lips together to prevent a laugh from coming out.

One particular turquoise Na'vi caught the eye of the boy next to Ikariya. She watched her best friend closely as one of the others started to talk again. 'It's too small. How are they supposed to swim?'

'Do not! Rotxo. Aonung.' The girl that caught Lo'ak' eyes smacked the boy's hand away from Neteyam's tail.

She looked at him as Lo'ak greeted her. 'Hey.' He said, jerking his head up. She smiled, looking down.

Neteyam looked at him and grinned at his brother being taken aback by this girl. He was so going to tease him for that later.

☆彡

'This is your new home.' Tsireya said, pointing to an empty Marui pod. Tsireya had shown the family and Ikariya around the village. She was like a ray of sunshine. The sweetest girl Ikariya had met, even though she hadn't really met a lot of girls.

Jake rambled on about how nice their new home was. But Ikariya's eyes were glued to the water. It seemed so calm. A lot calmer than back home. She remembered the grey waves crashing on the rocks by her old tent. She'd hear the ocean at night while her hammock rocked from side to side, it helped her fall asleep.

They were to learn the ways of the water, that was Tonowari's only rule. Or else, they would've been useless. Not that they were of use, their tails and arms were too thin and their skin was too dark. They stuck out like a sore thumb. But Ikariya tried her best to make due.

She walked out of the pod as Jake stopped talking, watching the water. Lo'ak followed her. 'What are you thinking about?' He asked her.

'That it's weird how one day I'm begging you to take me to meet your family and the next I'm living with you on the other side of the planet.' Her eyes never left the clear water as she heard him chuckle beside her.

'Ayo, Ikariya and Tsireya. Sounds kind of like each other.' Lo'ak randomly pointed out.

Ikariya slowly moved her head towards Lo'ak, a blank expression on her face.

'No? Alright.' He said, pursing his lips and looking away.

Ikariya looked down, smiling at his weirdness as Neteyam walked up to them from behind them. 'Remember? Family meeting.' He said, side eyeing Ikariya as he pulled on Lo'ak's arm while walking back into the pod.

Ikariya sighed, looking back at the water.

But then she heard Jake from inside.

'Where's Ikariya?' He asked, making her turn her head around.

She slowly walked in, hoping she wouldn't intrude on their moment. 'Here.' She softly said.

'Come on, take a knee. Let's go.' Jake said, pointing down. Ikariya slowly lowered herself to the floor, crouching down. 'Okay,' He sighed. 'I need you kids on your best behavior. I mean it. Learn fast, pull your weight.' He turned his head over to Lo'ak. 'Don't cause trouble, got it?'

'Yes sir.' Lo'ak nodded as Neteyam smiled, pinching the back of his neck. Lo'ak hissed at him, making Ikariya snicker to herself.

Then Ikariya noticed Tuk, their youngest, crying. 'I want to go home.' She said, rubbing her eye her with her palm.

'Aw, Tuk.' Neytiri said as her ears lowered.

'Tuk,' Jake inched closer to her, sighing softly. 'This is our home now.' He held her hand, looking back at the others. 'We're gonna get through this if we have each others backs, right?'

'What does your father always say?' Neytiri asked them.

Ikariya didn't have a clue what Jake usually says. She was silent, observing him.

'Sully's stick together.' The four children said, in quite a monotone voice if you asked Ikariya.

'That's right, Sully's stick together. This time with some feeling.' Jake nodded.

'Sully's stick together.' They said, louder this time.

Lo'ak turned to Ikariya, whispering to her. 'I guess this is what you've always wanted, huh?'

She flung her head to the side, looking at him. 'What?'

'You're a Sully now.' He laughed as Ikariya hit him in his shoulder before he rubbed the sore spot. 'Ouch.' He yelled.

'Shut up.'