chapter 23: clean, little bitch

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Tsireya was peeling fruits as Ikariya sat next to her watching Kiri and Lo'ak disagree on something. It made her laugh, hearing stories from Jake about how the two of them used to fight all the time when they were younger.

'Oh, I almost forgot!' Ikariya turned her head over to Tsireya who dropped the fruit out of her hands. 'You asked me about the guys here the other day, right?' What? Ikariya couldn't remember asking her about guys. She was visibly confused as Tsireya let out a small giggle. 'In my pod before the bonfire. I was doing your hair!' She explained.

Oh. Right. To be fair, not a single guy here had caught her attention. Sure, they'd look. Like, all of them would. But Ikariya thought that was because she wasn't from here. Because she was dark blue and the others weren't. But Tsireya made sure to tell her that that wasn't the case. They thought she was pretty too. Ikariya thought she was lying when she said that.

Not a single guy from here had caught her eye. There was a guy that did catch her eye. But he wasn't from here. In fact, he arrived here the same day that she did. And his name starts with an N and ends with eteyam.

'Oh right, I remember now. What about it?' Ikariya asked her.

Tsireya already started giggling. This can't be good. 'There are many guys here that would like to take you out!'

'How do you know that?' She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

'I just know things.' Tsireya grinned.

'Okay but—'

'Hey Ikariya,' Ikariya turned around, letting out a yelp as Neteyam suddenly appeared next to her.

'What the hell Neteyam?' She said, pushing him back a little.

'Hey Tsireya.' He said, smiling at her before looking back at Ikariya. 'I just wanted to tell you that you're on cleaning duty for tonight!' Neteyam said, smiling brightly.

And with that sentence, Ikariya's mood worsened. 'Oh hell no. We both know it was your turn.' She told him, pointing at him.

"Cleaning duty" basically meant cleaning up after dinner. Like washing the wooden bowls and making sure everything is clean after they had eaten.

'No, dad thinks it's your turn.' He smiled.

'And why does he think that?' Ikariya asked him with narrowed eyes.

'Ah, I've got to go. My baby bro needs me.' He said, pointing behind him to Lo'ak and Kiri before running away.

Ikariya grunted. 'Neteyam!' She sighed, turning back at Tsireya. 'Eywa, how can a person be so fucking annoying?'

Tsireya looked at her, studying her face. Something clicked inside of her head. 'Oh— I see now.'

Ikariya frowned, not knowing what she meant. 'What?' When Tsireya didn't answer, Ikariya started to grow impatient. 'What?' She asked again, a little louder this time.

'You like him, Riya.' Tsireya said.

There was a moment of silence before Ikariya broke down in laughter. 'Good one, Reya. Tell me another one.'

Tsireya raised an eyebrow, looking at her in all seriousness.

'I do not like him!'

Tsireya scoffed. 'Come on, don't you see the way you look at him?'

'No, because I can't see my own face.' Ikariya said, folding her arms immaturely. 'You're being ridiculous.'

'If you say so.'

☆彡

Stupid Neteyam. Dinner was finished and Ikariya was busy cleaning the wooden bowls they had eaten out of. The Sully family wasn't particularly a small family, Ikariya included. So the cleaning process would take some time. Ikariya could only think of how much she hated Neteyam. He knew how much she despises cleaning duty. But it had to be done. Jake was generous enough to take care of her like a real father would. So, she needed to thank him in any way possible.

Neytiri had started to form a liking towards the girl. She would usually help her out during cleaning duty. Ikariya was wondering where she was.

'Wow, you're so good at that.' Ikariya turned her head around to meet with Neteyam, who'd been standing there watching her for some time now. She was bowing down while cleaning, his eyes focussed on one thing and one thing only.

'Shut up.' Ikariya scoffed. 'And stop looking at my ass!' Neteyam walked up next to her and grabbed one of the bowls that wasn't clean yet. Ikariya watched as the boy started to clean it. And another one. 'Why did you tell Jake it was my turn when you're over here helping me anyway?'

Neteyam turned his head to her. 'I felt bad.'

'So he does have feelings!' Ikariya joked as he chuckled. 'Alright. Then clean, little bitch.' She smirked at him.

'Bet.'

The two were laughing and cleaning for the remainder of the evening, well, mostly laughing. Ikariya couldn't concentrate with Neteyam joking around the whole time. He was on fire, cracking jokes every time he felt like it. Ikariya had never seen him be this silly before. It was refreshing, seeing a new side of him. Ikariya did understand why he was so stern sometimes. He was trying to be a good leader all while looking out for his family. He'd explained how much pressure he was on. It all made sense to her now.

Since Neteyam had gotten all of that off his chest, he felt a lot more comfortable around her. It felt like he could tell her anything. His parents and siblings don't even know how he feels about everything going on in his life but she does. She basically knows everything about him. And that felt good. So damn good. He felt like he could let loose around Ikariya. It was a breath of fresh air.

Neteyam had left Ikariya alone again as she only had to finish cleaning a couple of things before she was finally finished.

Neytiri had found her way into the room, looking a little surprised to see Ikariya busy.

Ikariya's head shot up to see the beautiful woman. 'Oh, hello Neytiri.' She said, smiling at her.

The woman still looked a little confused, asking her what she was doing.

'I'm on cleaning duty for tonight.' Ikariya said, frowning. She was wondering why she didn't know.

Neytiri's eyes softened, already knowing what's going on. 'Ikariya, dear, Neteyam was on cleaning duty tonight.'

'I am going to kill him'.