chapter 14: little shits

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The trio walked into the pod while Jake was right behind them. Neteyam was wiping the blood off his lip, Lo'ak had a bloody nose and was holding his sore arm and Ikariya stood next to them without even a scratch. Of course they were afraid to hit her because she was a girl. She just thought it was unfair.

'What was the one thing I asked? The one thing!' Jake started.

'Stay out of trouble.' Lo'ak said, lowering his head.

'Stay out of trouble. Right.' Jake repeated after Lo'ak.

Neteyam stood in between them, putting his hands up. 'It was my fault.' Ikariya had noticed how Neteyam would usually take the blame for his younger brother.

Jake shook his head. 'I don't think so. You've got to stop taking the heat for this knucklehead.' He said, pointing to Lo'ak. Neteyam stepped back, looking a little defeated.

'Look dad, they were picking on Kiri. They called her a freak.' Lo'ak tried to explain.

Jake turned his head as he sighed. 'Go apologize to them.' He didn't want him to apologize to them. They called his daughter a freak. They mocked her. But still, they couldn't risk getting kicked out.

'What?' Lo'ak's voice cracked, not really believing what his father had just told him. Usually if someone would make fun of one of his kids, he would murder them. But now he had to apologize?

'I don't care how you do it, just go make peace. Just go.' He moved to the side, letting Lo'ak walk past him. His head was lowered as he walked out.

Ikariya wanted to run after her friend and comfort him but that probably wasn't a good idea.

Neteyam walked out as well as Jake walked behind him. 'Hey,' He said, making Neteyam turn around. He was already getting ready for another scolding. 'So what did the other guys look like?'

Neteyam was surprised by his question. Out of all questions, this was the one he'd asked. 'Worse.' He said, not really thinking much of it.

'That's good.' Jake said, looking around.

It made Neteyam smile a little. 'A lot worse.'

'Get outta here.' Jake dismissed Neteyam. Neteyam ran off, glancing over at Ikariya inside of their pod before he disappeared out of her sight.

Now there was only two.

Ikariya, who just stood there while looking back and forth during their conversation, met eyes with Jake. He sighed, walking over to her. 'Listen,' He started. 'As much as I appreciate you standing up for my kids, I don't want to cause any more trouble here. So please, just keep your head down for now. We can't afford to move somewhere else right now.'

Ikariya sighed. 'I understand sir. It's just, I don't really have friends. Lo'ak and my ikran are all that I have, or had. I don't want my friends to get hurt. And I know, we should not go around and punch people. But I'm very protective over my friends. I will keep my head down for now but I can't promise you I won't take action if something like this were to happen again.' She said, lowering her head a little. She was being very bold talking to him.