Chapter 12 [Found]

Anastasia chokes out blood when Paul roughly kicks her ribs

"You thought you could get away from me!" He growls, yanking her hair in his fist roughly.

"We are moving out of the city. Fucking get up and START PACKING!" Spitting in clear hate and disgust, he releases her.

Anastasia completely collapses. Her head hits the floor roughly and for another minute, she lays motionless on the floor. The tears continues to roll down her blank eyes.

"Bitch!" He curses one last time and storms out of the house.

Anastasia refuses to give out any sound of pain and moves her legs closer in an attempt to stand. With pain flaming in her newly bruised ribs, she slowly stands up and moves to follow Paul's words.

Nora's kind and smiling face pops in front of her vision and her blank, teary eyes softens. She is going to miss her first friend a lot.

Wiping her tears, she gets to the work ignoring the pain drilling through her whole body.

Paul returns back three hour later and by that time, she has done packing. 

"Fucking walk fast, slut!" Paul growls in frustration, staring furiously at Anastasia's who is limping painfully slow to reach his car. She tries to speed up but finds no strength to do so.

He just glares but does not say anything when she finally enters the back seat.

She fixes her eyes down at her hands that are lying flat on her lap. She examines them intently to notice that the skin of her palms are cracked and dull. Her entire appearance just looks sickly and maybe that's why Paul hates her so much. 

Suddenly Paul lets out a loud curse and roughly slams his foot on the breaks. The motion is enough to make their body jerk forward. 

Anastasia tries to listen closely as Paul lets in a audible gulp.

"Shit shit shit shit." He curses frantically and turns on the car again. He tries to reverse the car but stops.

Anastasia slowly looks back to find about 7 black cars blocking their way from behind. Her eyebrows scrunches up slightly in confusion.

This time Paul isn't reeking of drugs and alcohol instead he's reeking of pure panic. The weird and new panic that is laced in his entire chest making his heart thump loudly that Anastasia could swear that she can hear.

Anastasia slowly shifts to look in front. Her heart slightly drops in shock at the sight of 'him'.

Him, the oldest brother of them, Adriano!

He is casually leaning against his car with several cars blocking the entire road behind him. Anastasia's stares curiously while Paul fills with dread when Adriano lightens a cigarette and takes a long puff, his cold, unforgiving gaze never leaves Paul's fear-stricken face.

Anastasia almost jumps in fear when there's a knock on the window. Her heart races when her gaze falls on Anastasio. He is staring at her with every emotion hidden.

A gasp leaves her lips when she hears the shattering sound coming from front. Paul's yelling self is literally dragged out of the broken window. Her gaze meets Stefano's who brutally kicks Paul's ribs with the force and rage that even Paul does not possess.

Her heart beats loudly in rhythm and her palms gets sweaty as the door opens. Anastasio's hand engulfs around Anastasia's wrist. The warmth of his hand soothes her cold skin and he tugs her out.

When she finally looks around, Paul is nowhere to be seen. Stefano is staring at her emotionlessly. Blood cascades down his bruised knuckles. 

"You are coming with us!" Adriano's authoritative tone cuts through the silence like knife. Anastasia looks up and find his eyes already boring through soul.

The only word that is ringing in her mind is 'why'.

**************❤️*************

Well that was anti-climatic