Chapter 15 [STRANGE FEELING]

Arabella's eyes widens upon finding someone behind Anastasia's back

"D-dad? When did you c-came back?" Her voice turns meek. A complete 180° turn.

"Just a little while ago, sweetheart. And, who is this girl?" Allesandro glances at Anastasia who is standing quietly with a blank expression on her face that for some reason looks familiar.

"She's fro---" Arabella cuts off when suddenly Anastasio appears in front of them. What surprises her the most is his arm that casually wraps around Anastasia's shoulder.

"Father. Let's get inside first and we will catch up with everything." He suggests while glancing down at Anastasia's face.

Allesandro stares at the scene in front of him with a raised brow but does not say anything else. Instead he opts to walk inside the dining hall with Arabella following meekly behind him.

He takes his seat at the head of the table while silently watching as the strange girl and his son enters the room.

"D-dad. We had this math's test and I r-ranked A+." Arabella suddenly speaks to get her father's attention.

"That's good to hear, sweetheart. I'm proud of you." Allesandro brings his hand up to ruffle her hair with a soft smile formed on his lips.

Even if possible, Arabella's grin widens.

"T-thanks dad." She voices out in a sweet but squeaky tone that had Anastasio rolling his eyes.

He ignores them and instead looks at Anastasia who is looking lost in her own thoughts. His brows furrows when he notices that her hands are shaking a bit too much and sweat is glistening on her forehead.

Taking her hand in his, he successfully manage to break her out of her thoughts and gives her a small smile of reassurance.

Anastasia continues to stare up at his face in confusion. Why is he bothering to comfort her like that? Though it feels nice, she is not going to complain.

Within a minute, Stefano and Giovanni enters the room. Nodding at their father, their eyes immediately moves to look at Anastasia.

Without saying anything, they takes their seats as just in the same second, Ermanno arrives.

Allesandro's brows furrows seeing a gentle expression fallen in his eyes. He thinks maybe for the first time, it is dedicated to Arabella but instead as he follows his vision line and rests at the strange girl's face. It arises even more confusions.

He stares at her carefully. No matter what, he cannot ignore the uncanny resemblance between the girl and his first late wife Angelina. But he does not want to accept it.

She cannot be his daughter. He shakes his head mentally.

His Anastasia is dead.

She cannot be sitting in front of him like this.

But no matter what, he cannot ignore the fact that her eyes are just like Stefano and Angelina. He cannot ignore that her ginger hair reminds him of Angelina.

His heart skips a beat as Anastasia slowly looks up to face him, making eye-contact with him.

You are not her, right?

If you are her, I don't know how to react?

Anastasia looks away from him to glance down at her hands that are lying flat on her lap.

Just who are you?

Finally, Adriano steps into the room and the younger members of the family's back straightens up. Mostly Arabella and Anastasia.

He takes his seat. And, on the exact time, several maids arrives with various dishes. They set them down on the table while all the time Anastasia blinks in confusion.

All of this is new to her and she does not know how to react when a young maid comes to stand in front of her, asking her what would she like to eat.

She stares up at her with wide eyes in shock, not knowing what is she supposed to say or do.

"She will have what I'm having."

Anastasio suddenly speaks, coming for her rescue.

She piles up her plate with various items. Anastasia blinks furiously. Just looking at the quantity of the food is enough to make her gag, though she holds no disrespect for food. She knows it importance, because she never had it enough. It's just the meal in front of her makes her realize that it can be her three weeks's meal alone that now she's getting in only single time.

"Why don't you start?" Anastasio asks in concern and places his hand on her shoulder.

Without saying anything in return, she raises the spoon hesitantly up to her lips. While all the times Anastasio keeps his eyes on her.

She savours the delicious food. For godsake, she does not even know what is she eating but it is simply amazing and her self-control vanishes as she takes another spoon-filled.

After two more, her stomach refuses.

"Why are you not eating?" Surprisingly, it is Allesandro who asks this question.

Anastasia looks down and shakes her head lightly.

Though Allesandro understands, what is she saying but it certainly does not make him happy.

"Just eat a little more." He urges her emotionlessly.

Arabella frowns and looks up at him as her own hand stops mid-way.
"It's fine." Adriano voices out.

"But Adr--" Anastasio tries to speak but seeing Adriano shaking his head slightly, he bites his tongue.

"After dinner, I want everyone present here, in my study for a family meeting." Allesandro's authoritative tone rings out after a minute of silence.

"Yes father, sure dad." This chorus rings back as Allesandro walks out of there.

Arabella feels her stomach churn at the sight of Anastasio brushing Anastasia's hair away from her face and tucking the few pieces behind her ear.

She does not yet know why but she feels like something bad is going to happen.

I hope you like these chapters... give it a ⭐ if you did and share your thoughts.... Get early access up to 38 chapters exclusively on patreon. Link's in my profile....

Have a good day/night 💞❤️