Chapter Eighteen

GAME
GEM STACKS
5 OF DIAMONDS♦️

RULES

EACH TURN THERE WILL BE FOUR STACKS OF GEMS PLACED ON THE TABLE.

AFTER THE COUNTDOWN OF FIFTEEN SECONDS, EACH PLAYER MUST POINT AT A STACK OF GEMS.

IF NO OTHER PLAYER POINTS AT A STACK YOU POINT AT, THOSE GEMS ARE YOURS.

IF ANOTHER PLAY POINTS AT THE SAME STACK AS YOU, THE STACK STAYS ON THE TABLE AND NEITHER PLAYER GETS THE STACK.

ANOTHER RULE WILL BE ADDED ON ROUND 10. THERE WILL BE 20 ROUNDS IN TOTAL.

THE AIM IS TO GET AS MANY GEMS AS POSSIBLE.

VIOLENCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED DURING THIS GAME.

GAME CLEAR: HAVE ENOUGH GEMS TO FINISH IN THE TOP THREE.

GAME OVER: COMING LOWER THAN THIRD PLACE AT THE END OF THE GAME.

"Top three?" Takara whispered to herself, she felt the other players shuffle around slightly at the game clear announcement.

This meant that four out of the seven of them would be dead at the end of the game, which caused the players to look a lot more anxious. All apart from one. Chishiya seemed as calm as usual, completely unfazed by the fact that over half of them would meet their demise after twenty rounds.

The bingo board lit up suddenly, startling a few of the players. The board showed pictures of the players with their names underneath. A zero appeared underneath each players picture which would display their gem total once the game commenced. On a smaller screen next the scoreboard there was a countdown ready for round one.

GAME START

The middle of the table slid open, bringing up a platform which had four stacks of gems on top of it. The piles consisted of a stack of ten, eight, six and two. As soon as the piles had been revealed, a high pitched ding sound signaled that the countdown had started.

Takara didn't know what to choose. There was a high probability that some players would choose the same stack, seeing as there were seven of them and only four piles.

She didn't want to go for the ten, it was the most likely to be chosen seeing as it was the biggest amount. But the two middle amounts weren't a safe bet either, the ten might be too bold so they'd choose a middle number instead. And then the two stack would most likely be the pile that isn't chosen, seeing as it was the lowest amount. But two would be better than none right?

There were five seconds left and Takara had to make a decision.

Ding!

Choose!

The players all pointed at the stacks, they all looked around quickly to see if anyone had chosen the same pile as them. The announcement voice rang out again.

Kaiyo: zero gems
Sana: zero gems
Chishiya: six gems
Ayaka: zero gems
Hiroki: zero gems
Izumi: zero gems
Takara: two gems

Chishiya and Takara both leaned over to the center of the table to take their gems, placing them in the straw basket in front of them. Once they had taken their gems, the table opened up again to bring the platform inside of the table. It then reappeared after a few moments with new stacks.

A five, nine, fourteen and eighteen were the options for this round.

Ding!

The next round had begun, and Takara was again debating her choices. She couldn't go for the lowest option again, seeing as she won last round others might copy her strategy. She felt like going for a higher number at the start of the game was worth the risk, if she lost, she still had a lot more rounds to make up for it.