Sequel is here: Into Ruin

Update May 30:

I've just posted the first chapter of 'Into Ruin' in a separate book. I'll post the link in the comments here or you can find it on my profile. Be sure to add it to your library for updates :) Hope you enjoy it!

——

Hey everyone, I know it's been awhile and for that I apologize. I've been living out a lifelong dream to travel the world (or in this case Asia and Southeast Asia) for months on end. Month six has come to a close and I'm officially no longer a nomad. The stability has reassured me that I'll be able to regularly update and write the sequel to Survival.

Expect updates about once a week unless I get swamped with a new job, but I'll keep you posted. The new title is: Into Ruin and it will be posted as a separate book. This chapter is just to give you a heads up :)

The first update will be this coming weekend and will feature a point of view I haven't tackled in part one.

I'm curious, who do you want to hear from in the sequel?

Reply here and to thank you for sticking with the story you'll get a chapter dedication matching the character you chose (unless their POV won't be explored too much, in that case it'll be a random chapter) and if you're a writer I'll also check out some of your work.

To hold you over until next weekend, here's an sample from chapter two:

Vita checked on Mischa, but her friend's eyes simply moved about the landscape, taking it in. No reason to get her nervous just yet. Cold fingers gripped her arm suddenly and Mischa pointed over to the West. Two men clad in green uniforms and sporting clean shaved faces made Mischa's hand grip even tighter. She must have known something that she wasn't telling Vita. The men checked small handheld devices and then spoke into a radio.

A roll of thunder caused the men to stop suddenly. The innocent morning clouds had darkened and the obscurity increased by the second. Gusts of wind lifted torn pieces of dry wall and insulation. A current of black smoke wafted over from a sudden burst of flames as tall as a house.

"Let's go!" one of the men hollered. They took off in the direction of a jeep the color of their uniforms.

"Are you sure it'll burn clean through?"

"If we don't clear this storm, we'll be in the next pile. Just tell HQ it's done and we'll get the hell out of here."

The engine roared and the vehicle took off slowly. Where did they get the fuel and the supplies to run that thing. Radio communication too?

"Vita, look," Mischa said with a gulp.

Something had tumbled out of the large pile and rolled toward them.