Chapter 23 Brown Eyes

Olivia waited outside Mr. Drest's apartment. Another glance at her watch confirmed that she was punctual while he was far from it. She rapped on the door again with vigour. Nothing, not even a ghost of movement came from outside. A few calming breaths allowed her to maintain her composure. Surely, something had come up, or he was terrified. Not everyone could be performance ready.

"Sorry," called a voice from down the hall. His heavy footsteps echoed on the granite floors.

"I thought we agreed on a time."

"I got caught up at the lab."

His breathing grew ragged just from the run toward her. Once he grew closer, his eyes unmistakably gravitated to her body. A smile crept on her lips, not because she had feelings for this man. She liked to feel appreciated every once in a while.

"You look..." a pause ensued as his body remember to breathe again, "like a goddess."

Olivia smiled. Only the absence of his straightforward commentary would have shocked her. "Thank you."

He finally fished his keys out of his large standard issue work pants and swung the door open. Even as she stepped inside, the heat of his gaze made her increasingly aware of her own actions. She turned to look back at him and take control of the situation.

"I was attempting to create an outfit that would help with your arousal."

His hearty laugh filled the room. "Olivia, you could wear a trash bag and I'd still find you attractive."

Why was he attempting to win her affections? The end game was intercourse, as it was with all species. He already knew he would engage in the act. These pleasantries just wasted his time and effort.

"Can I use your room to get ready?"

His head cocked to the side in surprise. "You can do whatever your little heart desires." Olivia nodded and began to walk towards the bedroom. "Can I get you a drink or anything?"

The man often fell victim to sidetracks. She couldn't fault him for seeking an escape from reality. She would likely feel nervous too if she had the opportunity to sleep with a man far more attractive than herself. That wasn't the case, as most of them hadn't made the cut for this society. Her sense of calm remained.

"I'm fine."

Once she settled into the room, she undressed, folded her clothes and sat on the bed. It had the same medium firmness as hers. She glanced around at the few things that Mr. Drest had acquired. He had some snacks on the dresser and a picture propped up behind a bag of chips near the bedside table. A woman with mid-length blonde hair lifting an equally pale-complexioned boy by the arms stared back at her. She reined her thoughts back to the present while they wanted to contemplate the story behind that image.

She lay back on the bed and distracted herself by visualizing a man walking through a haze as her fingers went to work. A familiar jogging path surrounded her. The anonymous man didn't have a distinguishable face, just a striking body. He approached. His abdomen rippled with each confident stride toward her. Dark skin glistened in the afternoon sun. The gentle curves of his hips led down to his snug jeans, which bulged with desire among other things. This brought a smile to her face, just the thought that she could drive him wild without lifting a finger.

He could wait no more. His rough hands grabbed her chin and forced her eyes up. Stubble prickled against her smooth jawline and teased her senses until he dared to press his lips on hers. Warmth spread through her chest and her skin prickled with the excitement of his touch. His hands gripped her hips with assertive dominance and pulled his body into hers. She sighed, eyes closed. She pulled her body away to trace down his defined pecks and work her hands down to the leather belt that locked away what she needed.