2

"Goodbye Ferine" Kusuke said while he accompanies them to the airport

Ferine hugged Kusuke, she took his anti mind reading device off his head. He didn't seemed to mind it and watched her for a bit. Ferine wrapped a strand of her hair on it, then she yanked it off her scalp "This is for you Kusuke. Now your head gear looks better too. Goodbye"

"Bye? It's see you later. This isn't goodbye" Kusuke pouted

While Kusuke hasn't put his head piece back on his head. Kusuo decided to read his mind

"It's not goodbye" Kuusuke hugged her tight "I will miss you so much. I'm want listen in on you a lot but I really can't, I have things to do, I hope you call me on your phone though. Don't forget about me, I'll send you gifts and text you a good morning every day. I can't believe you're leaving already, you're a great lab rat. You are very durable. I would like observing you some more I put security cameras in your soon to be room too. They're being installed right now"

"Oh my gosh. Since when did he become that kind of creepy... Well Ferine doesn't seem to hate it... She seemed to like it so I don't think I should interfere too much.." Kusuo sighed

(Time skip)

"....Why did you sit next to me?" Kusuo asked Ferine. Her thoughts have that weird sound and he can't understand it at all. Not only that but he feels uncomfortable not knowing someone's thoughts, especially with someone like her who is a bit weird

"What do you mean? Should I have sat next to one of your parents? Or your classmates?" Ferine asked

"Mama was asking you earlier because she wanted to talk to you" Kusuo said

"I'm pretty sure she just wanted to know more about me and Kusuke" Ferine said "Not that I mind but I felt like your parents wanted to sit next to eachother more than talk to me"

"..You're right about that" Kusuo sighed. His parents always want to be together, he honestly feels a little cringe about it sometimes "...Anyway. What is your relationship with that big brother of mine?"

"I'm his lab rat"

"Oh come on, he looks at you like that.  There's probably something else" Kusuo rolled his eyes

"Did you make that conclusion because you heard what he was thinking when I took his head piece off?" Ferine smiled and closed her eyes

"How did you-"

"I did that on purpose" Ferine chuckled "I wanted to know if you can only read people's thoughts. Seems to me like that's the only thing you could read, never even noticed to that I was doing it on purpose and glancing over at you huh?"

"Why would you even do that?"

"I just wanted to know if I'm uncomfortable to you. Apparently you can't understand the thoughts I have, and it seems like you're not very good at people with thoughts you can't read" Ferine said "If you want I can be a little more honest with you"

"I guess she already guessed that I was uncomfortable. But why would she do this?"

"Are you questioning why I'm doing this?"

"...Do you have powers?"

"Dunno" Ferine smiled "Were going to be housemates. I know my lifestyle and hobbies might be different from yours. I'm sorry as it isn't my own home and yet I might be causing you trouble. So I'll try and just be more honest to you if that will ease you"

"......Then can you tell me your relationship with that guy?" Kusuo didn't want to admit it but was a little bit taken aback by how she was actually just going to be nice about it

"I am Kusuke's lab rat. I also previously stayed with him in his apartment. I was supposed to just have some dorm but this and that happened. He took a liking to me and let me stay in the guest room of his apartment. I am aware of how Kusuke may look at me but I don't plan on dating him and my feelings isn't as big as he may have for me" Ferine said "that's all"

"...Really?"

"Yes. Really. Did you fall in love with me at first sight or something? Why do you care?" Ferine looked at Kusuo, expecting an answer

"I just wanted to know" Kusuo said

Ferine leaned back in her seat. She was still smiling but it was smaller now like she wasn't very satisfied with his answer "Hm.. well I guess normally you would know everything a person is thinking huh? Sorry about that"

".... It's ok" Kusuo looked away "Hm.. so she's at least polite.. did I perhaps saw wrong when she was eating out of a dog bowl? Maybe it's just a side effect of the experiments that guy did to her"

Ferine looked at Kusuo

"....what?"

"Oh nothing" Ferine just chuckled