deception

Scott is having the time of his life in Japan.

Yes he loves performing, but more than anything, he's happy to be traveling with the love of his life.

They're going to downtown Tokyo tonight, and Scott has finished getting ready.

"Marky?" Scott asks, peering into the bathroom, a shy smile on his face.

"He can't know about this, okay?"

Scott furrows his brows, quieting down and listening to Mark's conversation.

"Yeah, babes. It's our little secret."

Scott tries to think of every possible scenario that Mark would be saying this to someone else.

"Love you too," Mark says, hanging up.

He starts to leave the bathroom, then looks at Scott with wide eyes. "Scotty!" He says, surprised.

"Who was that?" Scott asks, closing in on himself.

"I—uh..."

"Who was that?" Scott asks, more angry now.

It takes a lot for him to get angry, but Mark being so secretive, with the nicknames, the I love you?

....Mark cheating?

That'll certainly do it.

Mark stays silent.

"Marky?" Scott asks, tears filling his eyes.

Mark is at a loss for words.

Scott lets the tears fall as he leaves the hotel room.

Mark groans. How the hell am I going to explain myself?

-

"I thought we were doing so well," Scott says. "I just...it took me so long to find someone who I thought was the love of my life, and now he's gone and I think he's cheating on me, Kit."

Kirstin furrows her brows, confused. "Cheating on you? Scotty. Mark is obsessed with you. And you're obsessed with him. And yeah, it's a little gross, but y'all are in love!"

"You're one to talk about love," Scott says, grabbing Kirstin's left hand. "Oh my god....the wedding..." He covers his face with his hands. "I don't know what to do," he says, his voice muffled.

All it takes is Kirstin wrapping her arm around Scott, and he's shaking due to the force of his crying.

"I don't get it. He just—-oh." Kirstin realizes out loud. "Scotty, why do you think he's cheating on you?"

It takes a moment for Scott to calm down enough to speak. "Heard him on the phone..."

Kirstin nods. Just what she thought. 

She picks up Scott's phone.

marky☺️💓: scotty please
marky☺️💓: i know it looked really bad but i need you to trust me baby
marky☺️💓: i love you so much
marky☺️💓: please let me explain?

She sets it down.

"Scotty? I need you to just...bear with me for a second. But I can guarantee, he is not cheating on you."

-

"Sweetheart," Mark practically crushed Scott in a hug. "Please let me explain." He squeezes Scott tight. When he takes a step back, and sees how broken Scott looks, tears of his own form in his eyes.

"What is it?" Scott asks.

Mark sighs. "I was trying to surprise you," he says. "Ben was going to take him and Kirstie's engagement photos at the cherry blossoms," he says, "But he had their dinner reservation at the same time. So when Kit called me asking if we wanted to take the pictures instead, I knew you'd want to."

-

"Hey! Marky! I have a question for you!" Kirstie says on the other end of the phone.

"Hey, babes! What's up?"

"Oooh, babes. I love it." Kirstie giggles. "Anyways. Ben hired a photographer to take our engagement pictures near the cherry blossoms, but our engagement dinner is at the same time. We thought about it and decided we could take pictures at dinner. We can't get a refund on the photographer, though, would you and Scott want to take pictures there?"

Mark smiles to himself. "That sounds amazing, Kit. He can't know about this, okay?"

"Aww! Are you gonna surprise him?"

"Yeah, babes. It's our little secret." Mark giggles.

"You two are so cute. Okay. I gotta go. Love you, Marky! Enjoy the pictures!"

"Love you too," Mark says, hanging up.

-

Scott nods shakily. "I love the cherry blossoms. I love you."

"You always love showing me off," Mark says, a slight smile. "And I always love showing you off. But, I guess when you heard the nicknames, and me telling Kit I love her, it looked some type of way, didn't it?"

Scott nods, one last tear falling down his cheek.

"Oh, baby. I'm so sorry." Mark says, hugging Scott close. "I'm so sorry I've done anything to even make you think that."

Scott shakes his head. "You haven't done anything to make me think you'd do that. That's why it hit me like a bus and I'm a total mess," He breathes shakily as the hug ends. "I love you," he says, his voice thick.

"I love you too," Mark says. "So much."

"I'm so sorry, Scotty," Kirstie says. "I feel like part of it was my fault too," she says.

Scott shakes his head. "It was just bad timing," he says. "Now...about these pictures?"

Mark grins. "We get a 2 hour session with a private photographer at the cherry blossoms," he grabs Scott's hands.

Scott smiles sweetly. "I can't wait," he says.