in another life

mark is the pop star. scott is his hot, amazing, supportive boyfriend. :)

-

"I don't know how you do it basically every night," Scott says in awe, fixing Mark's outfit he's wearing for his concert tonight. "How do you not lose your voice?"

"I don't know. I just don't, I guess." Mark says. He smiles, giggles, and Scott looks at him with a confused expression.

"What is it?" Scott asks.

The smile on Mark's face only grows. "Help me recharge?" He asks sweetly.

Scott chuckles, then leans in and kisses Mark quickly before turning him around in his arms, now wrapping his arms around his waist from behind.

Mark giggles again, reaches a hand up to gently cup Scott's jaw, idly rubbing his thumb against Scott's scruff.

"I love that you're just the amount of touch I need," Mark says, leaning back a bit into Scott.

"I'm glad I can be that for you," Scott says, placing a soft kiss at the base of Mark's neck. "Feeling recharged?"

"Mhm," Mark hums happily. "Love you, Scotty."

There's a knock on the dressing room door. "Mark! Lauren's on her last song!"

Mark sighs, and removes himself from Scott's hold. "Thank you for being here."

Scott tilts his head, confused.

"You...you didn't have to pack up your life to tour with me. We could have made long distance work like we were doing...but I appreciate nothing more than having you here. I'm needy." Mark giggles.

"It's a good thing I'm needy too," Scott giggles as well. "There is nowhere I'd rather be than by your side while you tour, Marky."

Mark steps forward and hugs Scott tightly. "Thank you," he mumbles, into Scott's shoulder.

"Mark! 15 seconds!"

"Let's go," Mark says.

-

"This is our house?" Scott walks around, looking around with wide eyes. "Marky....are you sure?"

"I signed the papers on Wednesday," Mark smiles as he looks around. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, I just...Marky, I don't know how much I can contribute financially..."

"Don't worry about that, Scotty," Mark says. "So it's clear we make different amounts of money, and that's okay. That was bound to happen," he continues. "I know what we have is something special, baby. All this to say, we can combine our finances and live as a unit."

"Marky, I don't know...I feel bad..."

"What's there to feel bad about if we're living as a unit?" Mark asks. He looks at Scott's face of uncertainty. "Sweetheart," he leans in, kisses Scott's jaw. "Trust me? I want nothing more than to live with you."

Scott nods. "Me...me too."

-

Scott loves waking up to the sound of Mark playing piano.

He heads downstairs, sits next to Mark on the piano bench.

"Hi," Mark smiles at Scott, stilling his hands on the piano.

"Hi," Scott says back. "Keep going? I love to hear you play." He leans over and kisses Mark's temple, a blush rising to Mark's cheeks. "Please?"

"If I played the song I'm writing about you, it wouldn't be a surprise when I play it for you for the first time, would it?" Mark teases.

"You're writing a song for me?" Scott asks quietly. "A-about me?"

Mark nods, a sweet smile on his face. "Yeah. It's long overdue," he admits.

"Really?" Tears form in Scott's eyes.

"Yeah?" Mark says, matter of factly. "Baby, you're my fucking everything."

The tears start to fall. "That's so sweet of you, Marky."

"What, no! Don't cry!"

"I can't help it," Scott admits, "I'm....I'm so lucky."

Mark pouts when he sees Scott continue to cry. "Do you want me to play something for you?"

"Play me my song," Scott whines cutely.

Mark giggles at that. "It's nowhere near done, angel."

Scott wipes his tears that have fallen. "Okay." He settles. "Play me anything, sweetheart."

-

Scott giggles and sings along, dancing to the song Mark is singing at the concert.

Mark notices him, for just a moment in the pit, and his smile grows bigger as he continues to sing.

Scott smiles up at Mark, blows him a kiss, and giggles and blushes when Mark waves to him.

It's about an hour later when Scott and Mark are backstage, now that the concert is over.

Mark is laying his head on Scott's lap, exhausted after giving his all in his concert.

"I didn't expect to see you in the audience," Mark says sweetly. "That made my night, seeing you dance to my songs."

Scott smiles down at Mark, equally as sweet. "I wanted to get the full experience," he admits. He starts to run a hand through Mark's hair, scratching gently at his scalp.

Mark hums happily. "Keep doing that," he says. "I'm gonna take a 5 minute nap before we go back to the hotel."

Scott chuckles. "You're so cute, Marky."

15 minutes pass and Mark is asleep before they have to leave.

"Baby?" Scott starts to play with Mark's hair again. "Baby, wake up, we need to go to the hotel now."

"Mmmph," Mark says. "Can we go to bed here?" He slowly opens one eye.

Scott chuckles at his boyfriend. "Come on, pretty popstar. You'll be much more comfortable on a bed."

"But your lap is so comfy!"

Scott just laughs again, shifts, and then picks Mark up before carrying him to the car. All the while, Mark is giggling as he snuggles closer to Scott.

-

:)