The bus goes BOOM!

Amara pov

It didn't take me long to pack as most of my things are still in my weightless and bottomless bag which is merged with Ship. Thank Nyx for the gift. Aphrodite makeup blessing is slowly leaving but it's still there giving me a more natural beauty on my face. I am so glad grandpa taught me how to camp and cook under the stars. food that will not spoil fast and a portable stove and pans.

The camp store loaned me one hundred dollars in mortal money and twenty golden drachmas. These coins were as big as Girl Scout cookies and had images of various Greek gods stamped on one side and the Empire State Building on the other. The ancient mortal drachmas had been silver, Chiron told us, but Olympians never used less than pure gold. Chiron said the coins might come in handy for non-mortal transactions — whatever that meant. He gave Percy and me each a canteen of nectar and a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies if we were seriously hurt. It was god food, Chiron reminded us. It would cure almost any injury, but it was lethal to mortals so I can't have...Lucky Balance has special potions for me to drink if I am that badly hurt and good thing I know basic first air

Luke was surprised when he heard he was going with us on the quest but agreed as he was the most experience and the fact we need a thief to steal back the bolt for whichever god turned.

Grover wore his fake feet and his pants to pass as human. He wore a green rasta-style cap, because when it rained his curly hair flattened and you could just see the tips of his horns. His bright orange backpack was full of scrap metal and apples to snack on. In his pocket was a set of reed pipes his daddy goat had carved for him, even though he only knew two songs: Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday," both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes.

We waved goodbye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean, and the Big House, then hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus. Well, I had to catch up as all the aphrodite kids were hugging me bye and some tried to pack a makeup kit in my bag which I had to allow when I saw the comb was a hidden dagger.

The younger campers including Will, cried while holding my leg, not wanting me to go. Luke and Grover snicker at my fate trying to calm Will and the younger campers with the promise I will return. Unaware that percy was weirdly looking at us. 

Chiron was waiting for us in his wheelchair. Next to him stood the surfer dude I'd seen when I was recovering in the sick room. According to Grover, the guy was the camp's head of security. He supposedly had eyes all over his body so he could never be surprised. Today, though, he was wearing a chauffeur's uniform, so I could only see extra peepers on his hands, face, and neck.

"This is Argus," Chiron told me. "He will drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye on things."

I heard footsteps behind us.

Annabeth came running up the hill, carrying a pair of basketball shoes.

"Hey!" she panted. "Glad I caught you." Luke was surprised to see the shoes " Look sorry how I acted I was hoping to go on a quest which made me forget it is your choice who to bring . . . Luke I think you could use these."

She handed Luke the sneakers, which looked pretty normal. 

" Sneakers?" Percy asked. Luke smirked and said  "Maia!"

White bird's wings sprouted out of the heels, startling me so much. The shoes flapped around on the ground until the wings folded up and disappeared.

"Awesome!" Grover said.

Luke smiled. "Those served me well when I was on my quest. Gift from Dad. Of course, I don't use them much these days. . . ." His expression turned sad. " But Thanks these will help" He puts them on and say the word again before flying down the hill with Grover behind him