Part 7

Some time later, Amy groggily opened her eyes, visibly surprised as soon as she realized she was lying in the sleeping Hedgehog's arm. The girl carefully freed her from Shadow's embrace and stretched her tensed muscles, when suddenly Sonic stood next to her. Amy startled and bounced a few inches away from the blue blur, immediately dragging out her, well known, Piko-Piko-Hammer and took on a defensive behavior. "You? But it was just a dream?"

At first her opposite seemed surprised but quickly regained his cocky behavior. "Interesting! You must have an extraordinary sense of intuition. What gave me away?"

"Just girly intuition, probably" Amy answered serious. The blue hedgehog closed his eyes thoughtfully but kept his sassy grin.

"Don't worry! I'm not here to hurt you, not anymore!" Said hedgehog opened his eyes and gazed back at Amy. "I want to show you something!" Sonic snapped, and suddenly the room filled itself with light, which transitioned into a beautiful landscape. The pink girl looked hastily around.

"Where is Shadow?"

"We don't need him right now" The blue hedgehog answered and shrugged. However, Amy tightened the grip around her Hammer, ready to attack the blue blur at anytime. "Don't worry about him. I want to make you an offer, look closely."

All of a sudden, the girl dropped her Hammer. Widened eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. Another Amy Rose was running after another Sonic. It felt like she was watching a virtual reality movie. The surprising part about it was Amy herself. The girl could easily catch up to Sonic, the two were running around and enjoying the breezing wind caressing their quills, and although Sonic wasn't running at his maximum speed, both of them were faster than Amy knew she could run. From time to time, the girl even managed to get ahead of Sonic, shortly. "What... is this?" the pink haired asked, her eyes fixated on the two other hedgehogs.

"This is how it could be!" The blue blur snapped again, and the scenery suddenly changed to a battlefield. 

Technical junk was lying around everywhere, and the otherwise green landscape was torn and drenched with machine oil. Not far ahead, the two hedgehogs, Sonic and Amy, were fighting hand in hand against Doctor Eggman. The blue hedgehog held both of Amy's hands and rotated fast until he got enough velocity build up, and let go of the pink hedgehog to throw her high up in the air, directly at Doctor Eggman's position. The girl curled into a ball midair, and rapidly crushed into the doctor's egg-mobile, which sent him flying into the horizon. 

Before Amy could reach the ground again, Sonic ran up to the pink hedgehog and caught her, bridal style. Said girl answered Sonic's gesture with a hug, herself. The two snuggled and both whispered "I love you so much" to each other.

The Amy, who watched this whole scene in awe, was brought to her knees and looked back to the other Sonic. Said hedgehog grinned mischievous and snapped, one more time. Everything around Amy started to shatter into a thousand of fragments, like the universe itself was breaking and soon after, they were back in the hallway. "I can grant you your wish, Amy! I can help you be stronger, faster, more agile! Everything that could bring you closer to your love! You only need to..."

"No!" The girl interrupted him. "I promised Sonic I will share my love with the world! I promised him to tell him my Stories. AND I'm sure Sonic would never tolerate such a decision, especially not if..." The girl glanced over to Shadow. "...if someone else would get hurt for it!" A terrible laughter echoed through the hallway. Almost manically, Sonic laughed at the pink hedgehog and said girl pouted angrily. "What's so funny about it?"

The blue blur swiped away the tears from laughing and calmed down. "You two are so amusing. I wonder how long you can keep this game going? I wonder who will snap first?" Sonic tabbed his index finger against his cheeks in a thinking manner. "Oh, I know how I can speed up things a little." The blue blur glanced at Amy with a sassy grin, which said girl answered with putting on a defensive posture again, glaring at him. "Let me tell you something, Amy!" Sonic, however, stayed unimpressed by her behavior. "Do you know the reason why Shadow can't leave your side?" Amy's eyes widened in shock.

"Don't tell me!?"

"Yes, Amy! It's your fault! I granted your wish. You wanted to show him your love, but Shadow would run away from you, just like a certain blue hedgehog, you adore. It must be painful if everyone you love runs away from you, isn't it?" Amy gritted her teeth and summoned her hammer back to her side again. The pink hedgehog put all her force into her next attack and furiously swung her weapon towards Sonic. However, before the hammer could reach him, Sonic vanished into the thin air and Amy hit the ground instead.

The pink haired hastily looked at Shadow to make sure she didn't wake him up. Thankfully, the black hedgehog was fast asleep. After Amy calmed down again, she put on her determined smile again. "If it's my fault we are trapped, I just need to find a way out of here!" 

The girl carefully approached Shadow, who was sleeping in an upright position, leaned against the wall. The bad posture seemed uncomfortable, and Amy tried to carefully move the black hedgehog away from the wall in order to let him sleep on the ground.

The pink hedgehog searched through Shadow's quills until she found the required item she was searching for. Although the light was deemed in this strange looking hallway, the green emerald in her hand sparkled as beautiful as the green orbs, looking at it. "I'm sure we can out of here!"