Chapter 35

JOANNA

"But I can't imagine myself ever letting you go either," I say, my eyes locked with his.

In a second, Gabe's lips come crashing against mine; the taste of our tears mingling together. I've missed him so much. So damn much.

Tugging my hair, he tilts my head so he can kiss me deeply. All of my worries and insecurities seem to melt away under the warmth of his touch. A sudden tingling sensation runs across my skin, causing goosebumps to form and all my senses to come alive.

My heart starts beating fast, and my pulse quickens.

My chest feels heavy with longing, and my breasts swell with desire.

My nipples beg for his touch as my hands seek every inch of his body that I can reach.

No one has ever stirred such strong and passionate emotions deep within me, as Gabe.

God, I love this man. I'm tired of fighting this feeling. I'm so tired of being scared.

This ends now.

I grip his shoulder, pulling him closer, as I inhale his tantalizing scent, so alluring it sends my head spinning. I'm consumed by him. Captivated. As if all the time we spent apart only intensified my love for him.

My nails rake against his back, our lips clashing with no finesse. I've never felt this possessive before. I want to mark him. To claim him. To erase every memory he has of her.

The low groan that leaves his throat goes straight to my sex, making me slick and swollen. I can't believe he's here. I can't believe this nightmare is over.

"I hate her," the words leave my lips in a rush as I pull his shirt over his head.

"It's over," he breathes. "It's finally over."

"You're never seeing her again." I cup his jaw, pulling him away from me just slightly so I can look into his eyes.

"You know I don't want anyone else." His gaze locks with mine. "You know that there has never been anyone else."

My lips tremble. "If she ever comes close to us again, I'm going to break her fingers."

"Look at me." He cradles my face in his hands. "I'm not allowing anyone to break us apart ever again. Do you understand that?"

Too overwhelmed by emotion, all I can do is nod in response. Looking into his eyes so soft and honest, I know he did the best he could with the hand he'd been dealt. Yet, having to go through all of this was a form of excruciating mental torture for both of us.

But, as he said, this chapter of our lives is over. It's time to move on.

"I love you." My chest heaves with a sob, the hurt and frustration of all these past months pouring out of me like a river.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." He runs his thumbs under my eyes. "I love you so, so much."

Something in me softens at the emotions I see reflected in his eyes. He doesn't need to verbalize his thoughts for me to get the truth of his feelings. I can feel the intensity of his love, like a tangible force wrapping around me in a soft embrace.

The impact of his words resonates deep within my soul. Other boyfriends have told me that before, but it's the first time both my mind and heart fully believe it. There's no trace of a doubt in my heart and mind that Gabe loves me; that he's committed to our relationship.

God... My heart feels too full.

As he softly looks into my eyes, I realize he's giving me something I didn't know I needed until this moment.