Chapter 2

31 JULY 1997, POTTER MANOR, GREAT BRITAIN

Hadrian Potter was looking through the window of his room at Potter Manor. Hadrian's room was full of light. The Sun was shining through the windows and a light breeze from the open balcony doors fluttered the curtains. The walls were light grey and the floors were made of dark wood. The colouring was quite fitting considering he was a grey wizard, who liked to read about the Dark Arts. His large four-poster bed was covered in open books. Not that his darling family ever come to check his room to find dark arts books.

Hadrian sneered inwardly while thinking about his perfect family, perfect loving parents and his perfect siblings, who were doted on by every fucking soul in Wizarding Britain. The Saviour of the Wizarding World and his talented miniature little sister. To be honest, Hadrian quite liked fourteen-year-old Rose. It was their parents and Ethan's fault that their family wasn't functioning.

Hadrian rose from his seat and walk in front of a full-length mirror. Hair darker than a raven's wing falling in soft waves to his shoulders. There was a small thunderbolt-shaped scar on his forehead. He had black arched eyebrows and long curled eyelashes. His face looked to be sculpted by the gods themselves, with defined cheekbones and a jawline which were glazed with clear alabaster skin. The lips were full and pink. His eyes were emerald green just like his mother but shone brighter. In the other words, he looked more like a Black than a Potter. Many people had commented on that but later thought he might have got that look from his grandmother. He no longer looked like a scrawny little boy who wanted his parent's affection and attention. He stood tall at 5'10 with cold confidence. He was lithe and rather thin but have lots of lean muscles. He was wearing a white shirt, black trousers, dark green robes and dragon hood boots which were a gift from his beloved godfather. He missed Sirius dearly. He saw him at Yule last time. Today was his beloved twin brother's birthday and he was forced to go to diagon alley with his family.

Harry was not a lion, unlike his family. He was a cunning, unnoticeable snake that slithered in the long grass and waited for its time to strike. But he couldn't be a snake openly.

Six years ago he was forced to beg the Sorting Hat not to put him in the Slytherin house. He knew if he had been a snake, his family would have noticed him, and not in the good sense. Oh, he would be disowned. Disowned wizards were frowned upon. It was a total shame to be kicked out of the family.

The hat was stubborn and wouldn't hear a word about what his life would have been in that scenario. In the end, he threatened to burn the hat, if he was sorted anywhere but in Ravenclaw. He should have started with threatening because it had been much more effective than begging.

His best friends were Daphne Greengrass and Blaise Zabini. Only they knew about his real power and intelligence. He knew he was powerful and deadly. They studied together, plotted together and enjoyed together. They have taught him many things. He had received ten OWLs. All outstanding. He didn't bother to take divination and muggle studies. Sirius was very proud of him. His parents didn't even care to ask, not that he was complaining. Nobody in school knew his OWLs, everyone assumed that he barely passed. Ethan hardy managed to receive four OWLs.

Dark Lord Voldemort had returned after Hadrian's and Ethan's fourth year. The order of the Phoenix or the order of fried chicken, as Hadrian loved to call them, had taken sanctuary at Potter Manor. All they do was whine about death eaters and how evil they are. His favourite activity was to eardrop order meetings. His brother was also receiving training from Dumbledore. He didn't know what that old goat was teaching him but he didn't care enough to know.

Hadrian went to the library to greet his grandmother's portrait.

"Good evening grandmother ", Harry greeted getting the attention of the old witch.

"Happy birthday my sweet boy", Dorea proclaimed in a sweet voice. "You have turned seventeen today. Which means you are a fully active member of society. And this is your final year at Hogwarts, is it not? What are you going to do after Hogwarts? Did you hear from Sirius lately? You should come more to meet your old grandma and how peaky you look, you should eat properly Harry."

"Thank you grandmother", Harry replied highly amused, his grandmother was a cold woman who rarely showed any emotions "and one question at a time. Yes, I have decided what to do after Hogwarts. I want to pursue mastery in defence and want to start some investments. You know I had not seen Sirius in while but we are in touch through letters."

Sirius and James got their relationship a little strained because Sirius did not like how James and Lily treat Harry. But he still visits Potter Manor two or three times a year. Fame had gotten into Potter's head. James no longer was the charming man he used to be. He had become more arrogant and dense as time passed. Lily no longer was a charismatic witch who had a great thirst for knowledge. She now becomes more egoist and sneered at anything pureblood. His family hate any pureblood traditions and disrespects lady magic by not celebrating Yule or Samhain instead they celebrate Halloween and Christmas. They dubbed it dark magic. Harry secretly follows the old ways. He had many Slytherin friends which is the greatest sin according to his family.

Harry talked with his grandmother for a few more minutes and found his way to the floo room to go to diagon alley.

The Potter manor was adorned with many acres of perfectly manicured garden, with bright lush grass that was edged by the large trees that surrounded the property - maple, elm, birch and pine. Colourful flowers littered the soil - daisies, lilies, roses and lavender, brightening the green, causing the whole garden to seem like heaven. All credit to house elves.

When Harry reached diagon alley, he made his way down the alley and found a huge crowd in front of the entrance, before whom stood...The ponce who lived along with James and Lily Potter.

He watched as the golden family waved at the excited crowd, as photographers and journalists pushed their way forward towards them.

Lily Potter laughed when James said something funny and slapped her husband's arm playfully before putting her hands and kissing him on his cheek before murmuring something into his ear well aware of the camera clicking pictures away.

Hadrian now understood why Lily Potter was regarded as one of the most beautiful women in their world, looking at her vibrant red hair, dazzling green eyes which were eerily similar to his own, and a curvy, fit body in designer robes, she looked gorgeous in the afternoon sun, kissing her supposedly 'only' son in public. Hadrian had no doubt it would be on the front page of Witch Weekly's next edition's cover and at least the second page of Daily Prophet tomorrow.

Ethan was the complete opposite of Hadrian. Ethan was short, only about 5'4. Short messy dull hair which stood in all directions but he did not have elegant curls like his father James. Ethan had orange hair but not Lily's beautiful red colour. His skin was unattractively pale with lots of freckles. He had a horrible 'v-shaped scar across his cheek. He was overweight and had very little strength. he also had a pudgy face, oversize nose and beady brown eyes paired with hideous glasses. He was dressed in bright red robes with golden trousers. He was unhealthy and spoilt, unlike Hadrian who was strong and independent.

Rose Lillian Potter was standing a little at the corner annoyed by the whole display. She had her mother's fiery red hair and warm Hazel eyes. She was going to be a beautiful lady someday. When she catches Hadrian's eyes, she made her way over to him intending to do shopping with him. She prefers Hadrian's company over Ethan's. They spend their noon together while their family strutted like peacocks all over.

In the evening Potters threw a small birthday party for Ethan. Hermione and Weasley family have invited as well as some order's members. While Hadrian spends his evening with Blaise and Daphne at some expensive restaurant.