Chapter 9

17 December 1997

Hadrian sat on a soft chair in front of a large mirror. He was currently in one of the guests' rooms at Lestrange Manor.

The traditional home of the Lestrange family was styled after their Roman ancestor dwelled, with high, vaulted ceilings, large pillars, ornate rugs and tapestries adorning the walls and floor. The floor of most places in their home were elaborate tile mosaics, and the private family bedrooms and suites were in rich, dark wood. There were massive floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the home, covered in heavy dark silk curtains. Most of the interior walls were stone, with some of them plastered for warmth and the allowance of colour in the form of paint.

Harry had decided to live at Potter Manor up till his wedding as these were his last days in that Manor. He spent his whole time with Rose and in the gardens of the manor. The Potter Manor was his home. He had lived there his whole life. He would miss his home. He would also miss his little sister.

On the morning of 17 December, He had packed all his things up and porkeyed to the Lestrange Manor where his wedding was to be held.

Harry looked at his reflection in the mirror. At the moment he was dressed simply in soft white buttery leather trousers and his dark brown dragonhood boots with a white sleeveless high-collared silk shirt.

Both Bellatrix and Narcissa decided to assist him with getting him ready. Harry was pulled and prodded and manoeuvred into positions that were irregular and uncomfortable.

His black hair was now braided back to his nape in two tiny braids from above and below his ear, woven through with silver thread. The rest was left to flow loose.

He looked breathtaking from the outside but from the inside he was nauseous.

"You should apply some lotion on those hands. Look how dry they look." Bellatrix berated him quietly while applying a small amount of lotion to his hands. She was humming a tune under her breath that Harry had never heard. Bella was dressed in a silver and peacock blue gown. She had put a pair of heavy earrings but a simple chain around her neck. Her hair was in a tight French twist. She looked simple yet regal.

"I am going to puke", Harry informed them.

"Oh darling, you are just nervous. Just take calm deep breaths." Bellatrix told him. Taking deep breaths to show Harry. 

"I am really going to puke",

Bellatrix slowly rose and walked towards the cabinet and took out some vials.

"Drink these three quickly,” Bellatrix spoke softly while pushing three vials into Harry’s hands.

Hadrian drank the potions. Merlin, they tasted horrible. “What were those?” He asked, gagging slightly. It was a wonder that wizards were capable of brewing such wonderful potions, but couldn’t change the taste at all.

"Just a potion to help you with your nausea and there is a calming draught."

"What was the third one?", Harry asked after she missed to name the third.

"Contraceptive potion. You have to drink those things every month. While I want nephews or nieces, I don't want you to have them before your graduation." Bellatrix smirked when she saw how Hadrian blushed at her words.

Narcissa motioned him to stand up for his final part of robes.

"You look very handsome my dear", Narcissa said kindly as she helped him put on and button the last part of his ensemble. His outer robes were soft ivory made up of heavy silk which was embroidered with real gold on borders. Various protection runes were woven into the rich fabric of his elegant robes. They had elaborate and large bell full-length sleeves. He looked gorgeous in them.