Chapter 11

Rabastan was sitting on his favourite armchair in the west wing of the manor, where he and Hadrian chose to live,  reading about the articles of the latest discoveries of Ancient runes, silently tapping his left foot on the expensive wooden floor.

Typically, the second son of the family, mainly lived in other properties of the estate. But Rabastan was too attached to his family to leave them. His family didn't have any problem with it.

His Father was the Lord of the house. His work was to manage the ministry affairs and Wizengamot's votes. His brother Rodolphus often joined their father. Bellatrix was a typical pureblood lady who managed the large estate of house Lestrange, organising expensive receptions and gossiping around with other upper-class ladies at tea parties. Just like any typical pureblood wife. Rabastan would never dare to say this to her face. He doesn't have a death wish.

Bellatrix hated the old ladies' stereotypes where the only role of a good pure-blood wife was to produce an heir and please her husband. Bella was the total opposite of it. She is a very good duellist and a proud death eater.

He was the second son of the house which gave him more freedom than his brother, like, he wasn't forced into politics, he wasn't forced to marry and was able to complete his Rune's mastery. He used all his free time on various rune projects and ran the family business.

His young husband is still sceptical of what to do. He wants to pursue defence mastery which is not an easy fit but he does not undermine Hadrian's dexterity. He is hardworking and his schoolwork is immaculate. He did not ever see his husband in action with a wand but according to Draco, he singlehandedly put down Blaise Zabini which is not a small thing as Zabini was the winner of the "Italian duelling tournament".

Normally, the Ladies or consorts of the noble house are expected to stay at home and look after their children. That is why Bellatrix was not able to ever work. But he will make sure that Hadrian will. The time is changing now. More and more wives are chasing their dreams.

He broke through his musing when the fire of the fireplace turned green. Happy and a Little tired-looking Hadrian stumbled from the floo. He immediately stepped forward and caught his husband in a strong grip, steading his balance.

Hadrian stiffened in his arm like always but he was slowly becoming habituated to his presence. Rabastan made him sit on the armchair he had sitting on before and he sat on another to join him.

"How was the dinner?", he asked. He already knew the answer. He had never seen Hadrian this happy.

"The food was nice. Everything went well. Extremely well. He wants me Rabastan, he wants me."

"Of course he wants you, darling. It would be his loss if he doesn't."

"I am so Happy. Very very happy that I can feel myself floating and oh I can't express it myself."

"I am glad to hear that. Let's call it a night. you are a little drunk too."

Harry leaned on Rabastan and hid his face in the crock of his neck. Rabastan sighed and helped Harry onto the bed threw a comforter over him, placed a kiss on his dainty hand and left another chaste kiss on his lips before joining him.

######################################

"What", Sirius shouted.

"Sirius, calm down", Bellatrix said calmly.

Sirius was invited by Bellatrix to the Lestrange Manor early in the morning. He, while initially wary, came there. They discuss a few things about the family business and how the recent wedding was going to change the relationship between the house Lestrange and the house Black.