Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(edited)

I looked down at where he had held on. His hands were hot and sweaty, mine were cold and dry. His in mine, was a perfect match. He pulled me in.

Now I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Ayrika." He said to me looking right into my eyes. "Just so you know, we won't be related, so I wanted to tell you something."

My face was hot, I could feel it burning. He was cute and I wasn't. I had dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. Not the nicest looking girl. His eyes were so perfect.

He began again. "Will you come to church with me?"

Okay, that didn't seem like what I thought it was. I made a confused face, my face still burning.

He laughed an adorable laugh, "I mean, on Sunday. Will you come?"

"I, uh. . ." I stuttered. "Um, uh, sure?"

"Okay, great." He backed away, looking relieved, whilst backing into a trash can. I laughed.

He smiled shyly and laughed a bit. "Oops." He blushed.

Okay, I was falling for him. He already has a girlfriend, but she's a brat, and preppy. He seemed uncomfortable around me though.

That seems. . .strange. I shook the thought and walked back to the house.

~

At the house, Flynn opened the door for me to go in. I thanked him, and ran upstairs, trying to avoid my face turning any more red then it had to be.

I closed the door to my room. Grabbed my phone, sat down on the head and texted Mya.

Me: MYA MYA MYA!

Mya: WHAT WHAT WHAT?!

Me: I think I like Flynn.

Mya: Who doesn't?

Me: No, I mean, he just so AH! I can't explain it! He makes me so happy!

Mya: I think he makes everyone feel that way. . .He's Ella's boyfriend, and she gets what she wants, and doesn't let go.

Me: I understand, there's just more to him than you think.

She didn't respond. Now I felt bad. Maybe she liked him too. She's jealous of Ella. Duh, Ayrika, you need to think harder! I mentally facepalmed.

Oh why was love so difficult! I screamed mentally, and flopped down on the bed, face first.

I needed to ignore him. I don't want to get on Ella's bad side. I was probably on her hit list already.

I fell asleep thinking about Flynn.

~

The next morning, I ignored Flynn. I tried to revolve my schedule about where he was, and where he wasn't. If he wasn't in the bathroom, I locked myself in it. If he was in the kitchen, I'd go to my room, and get ready a little more.

I didn't want to give him any ideas about me liking him so even during school I ignored him. In the classes I had with him, I sat at the other side of the room.

At lunch, I sat with Mya and her friends when I saw Flynn looking this way.

"Mya!" I whispered "He's looking over here!"

"So what? Let him look." She snapped, chewing on an apple.

"No! Mya! You don't understand! I've been ignoring him all day! I don't want to give ideas."

She shrugged. And turned toward her food. She was less excited today. Why? I don't know.

I turned around to see Flynn was walking toward one of his friends, and then sitting with Ella.

Thank goodness! But, what is my problem? Ignoring him? Brilliant. He probably thinks you like him already. I tried to shove the thoughts out of my head.

I stood up to dump my lunch tray, and not looking up when my lunch tray of leftover spaghetti crashes into someone who screams. Everyone in the lunch room gasps.

I knew who it was. Ella. The girl I didn't want to be on the bad side on, I was now. Gosh, why am I such a klutz?

She was angry now. I looked up to see Flynn standing behind her.

"OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" She screamed

I turned beat red.

"I'M CALLING DADDY AND HES GONNA SUE YOU!"

I then rolled my eyes. Did she actually say 'daddy' and 'sue'? She's the most cliché prep I've ever met. "Actually, this look suits you." I shot back. "The way the spaghetti mixes with your sparkly junk, and your red, caked with makeup and fake stuff face, makes you look almost...real."

Oohs come from throughout the cafeteria.

"UGH! YOU WORM!" She screams and storms out.

I couldn't help but laugh at the fact she called me a worm. Who does that?!

Flynn mouths to me the words 'thank you' and follows Ella.

Once they leave, everyone starts to clap. I take a bow, smirking while standing back up.

That was one of the things I would not think I was able to do. I'm not very good at comebacks, but this one was okay.

I felt like I needed to stand up for myself giving me a good social appearance.

I didn't like attention much, but whatever, I could start a whole new life here! Restart my life. Become more confident in myself.

Today, was a beginning of a new chapter in the book of life.