Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(edited)

(A/N back to Ayrika's POV)

My birthday was finally here. I didn't want to spend it this way knowing that Karder's life is on the line.

I played with Olive in my room when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said and immediately got up.

Linda was standing at the door. "Ayrika, we got a call about Flynn and. . ."

"OH MY GOSH! Is he okay?!"

"Well, yes, he's still unconscious, but they said we could go see him."

I instantaneously picked Olive up, placed her in the kennel, grabbed my purse, and went with Linda downstairs to get into the car.

Five minutes later we arrived at the hospital. We walked up to the visitor center, and signed in. We were only allowed to stay twenty minutes.

I ran to the room and cautiously opened the door.

"Flynn?" I said trying to be cautious.

I peeked at the bed to notice no one was there.

"Wrong room?"

I turned around to see Linda who was right behind me.

"He's not there." I shrugged, my heart beating a little faster than I wanted it to.

"But this is the right room." She checked the slip.

I looked again, except this time looking all throughout the room.

"Flynn?" I said peering around the corner.

"Hello?" Someone answered.

I saw Karder standing there without a shirt.

"KARDER!" I covered my mouth and I looked down and chuckled awkwardly. "Oh wow. I'm sorry." I turn around uncomfortably. "They said you were unconscious, what happened?"

"Ayrika. It's okay. You don't have to turn away." I heard a chuckle. "I woke up not to long ago, not even the doctors even know I'm awake."

I turned, looking directly into his eyes, trying not to take my attention off of his face. He had a black eye and his chest was bruised in varies places.

"Oh my gosh, Karder." I covered my mouth with my hand and wanted to cry and squeeze him, and punch him all at the same time. He limped over to me, and wrapped his arms around me as if he were reading my mind.

"Karder." I said, shakily. Wrapping my arms around his bare back.

He pulled away from my hug, and lifted my chin to look at him. His beautiful green eyes looking back into mine.

"It's okay. I'm here now. You don't have to worry." He pushed a piece of hair out of my face and held my cheek.

He moved closer and kissed me. I didn't want this moment to end. I didn't want to leave him. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his torso giving him a koala hug.

I felt him wince, whilst he dropped me, and let go.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized, wishing I hadn't given him such a big hug.

"No, don't be sorry." He held his stomach. "It's not your fault."

Then Linda appeared out of nowhere.

"Aunt Linda!"

"Flynn!" He walked over to her. "Do you mind putting on a shirt?"

He laughed. "Sorry. The fabric just kinda hurts. But sure."

I handed him his navy blue shirt, he put it on. "Better?"

Linda laughed. "Yes."

She hugged him crying into his shoulder.

"Flynn. Where did you go? When Ayrika told us you left. . . I assumed the worst. . ."

"Aunt Linda, I'm fine. You didn't have to worry about me really. I—"

There was a knock on the door. "Oh Mr. Foster! You are awake!" It was a nurse.

"Yes. I have been for about a half an hour."

"I'm sorry we didn't come, and check on you sooner."

"Oh, you are fine." He smiled, and waved it off.

"Okay, well, Mrs. Foster, it's time for you to give, Mr. Foster your last goodbyes. He needs to rest now."

"Okay thanks." Linda thanked the nurse, and she quietly walked out of the room.

"Karder. I don't want to leave you." I whispered as soon as he turned around to face me.

"Don't worry. I'll be out in a few days. I love you, y'know."

"I know, and I love you too."

I hugged him tightly. I had so much to tell him when he got home.

He's never going to believe what happened to me.