Chapter 11

Y/n's Perspective

.

.

.

Waking up at five-thirty in the morning never felt better.

I squeeze my toothbrush tightly as I scrub away the plaque formed overnight.

I can't wait!

I finish brushing my teeth and head to my kitchen.

I reach for my fruit bowl and pick out a ripe apple to eat.

I head back to my room and grab my cologne, the apple still in my mouth as the spray touches my skin.

I crunch down on the apple, and the big piece falls out of my mouth but I catch it while setting down my cologne.

I swallow the apple chunk and place the apple back in my mouth as I smooth my hair out. It glistened with the glow of a fresh shower.

I take another bite of my apple before smiling at the mirror.

I look good.

I bought another suit, similar to the one Vi had gifted me.

What can I say? I look good in a suit.

I walk away from my mirror, still holding the same sense of pride I held yesterday. I snatch up my notebook and a nice pen, before stuffing them into my pockets as cleanly as I can.

Soon after, I walk into my living room and touch the front door handle.

I pull out my phone and check the address before opening the door.

I know this address.

This is where Sera works.

Well... Worked anyway.

I shake my head. It had been a while since I have seen the girl. In all honesty, I had grown worried, it's very unlike her to stop working.

I seal away my concerns and press forward, beginning my trek to the coffee shop. The dawning sun made its presence known with its orange-yellow glow. I smile passing by the walls filled with only the most creative of graffiti works.

Artists get paid to paint murals of people or phrases, making this general area a nice spot for art. The centerpiece? Of course, it's the Roasted Oats.

I walk inside the cafe, the soft scent of freshly brewed coffee filling my nose as I do. Ben, was hard at work serving up a woman's coffee and hot croissant.

He placed down her order and with a smile wished her a good day. The woman gave her gratitude and walked away. I walk up to the stand, and Ben instantly recognizes me.

Ben: "Good morning Y/n, what can I get started for you today?"

I give him a small wave, a signal we made together, to say "I want the regular."

He smiled and pointed at one of the empty booths.

Ben: "It won't be long, feel free to take a seat."

I nod and sit down at the booth he pointed to. My hair, still slightly moist, felt cold as the ac hit the back of my head.

For a few moments, I sat by myself. No thoughts ran through my mind, because right now I had a moment of blissful calm before anything could go wrong.

The gentle ringing of the bell was heard, someone had entered the cafe, but I couldn't be bothered to open up my eyes to see who it was.