Chapter 9

A cold shiver goes up my spine as the idols, spot us.

Evelynn took the first step towards us. The world seemed to grow a little darker as she does.

The sound of her heels clicking against the floor reverberated in my ears over and over and over again.

Finally, the clicking stops.

The diva sighs as she takes a seat next to Akali. The leather divots, and her nails click as they land on the table.

It was then that Ahri, Kai'sa, and Seraphine arrive. I turn to look at the group, Ahri was texting on her phone, Kai'sa smiled at me with a small wave, and Seraphine...

We lock eyes.

A look of realization dawns on her.

A smile as big as ever plasters her face.

Seraphine: "Y/n!"

She blurted out, before wrapping her arms (trying to) around my shoulders.

Seraphine: "Oh my gosh Y/n! You have no ideas how crazy everything has been."

She sat next to me, grinning from ear to ear.

Seraphine: "So I'm in the parking lot right? When out of nowhere I hear that K/DA is looking for someone to collaborate with. So I thought 'Hey, why not me?'"

She makes eye contact with me.

Seraphine: "I head over to the location, and—"

Evelynn: "Sera dear, please, there's business to attend to."

Sera looks at Evelynn then back at me before frowning.

Seraphine: "Sorry... I got a little excited."

Seraphine stands up, leaving me alone on my side once more.

Akali threw a out a thumbs up and mouthed good luck.

Evelynn, stares me down as I take a deep breath.

I exhale, as she pulls out a contract from her bag.

She taps it against the table before handing it to me.

I grab it as gently as I could, both to avoid hurting Evelynn, and to not crumple the paper.

Evelynn: "As you know, we want you to become an official K/DA bodyguard."

I place the contract down to make eye contact.

At least that's what I was trying to do, my eyes instinctively averted her gaze.

Evelynn: "That requires a certain set of skills. Each of us has our own priorities, and as such you will need to adapt between each of us. The contract in front of you has all the official requirements to be a K/DA bodyguard. But you'll have to learn to ignore parts of it to complete your job."

She rested her hands on the table.

Evelynn: "Let's start of my personal requirements: while guarding me, you must be around me at all times, you must keep any and all people away from me, you must be efficient, you may not speak to anyone, and any command I give you, you must follow."