𝟏𝟒;

Amelia jerked awake from her nightmare - she was sweating- and she was panting.

What if he leaves

           He's gonna leave you

   Leave him before you get left

     Better him hating you than leaving you.

What the fuck.

She hated what she felt- the feeling of fear- of sadness- of confusion.

She had warned him.
He knew- that eventually- she would break.
He knew she loved him more than anything, and no matter what- she knew he loved her too.
And she couldn't even begin to explain where those stupid thoughts came from.
Her father was dead- she thought she had moved on- for months now. She didn't know what caused it. She was so done.

" Hey, you okay?" Jack noticed the girl sitting in the dark, her legs pressed on her chest, as he put a hand on her shoulder.

" Yeah- fine." She simply said- not wanting him to hear her voice break.

" Talk to me- what happened?"

" Nothing Jack. Just go back to sleep." She said as she shrugged his hand from her shoulder and stood up to go to the bathroom.

She could hear his confusion- she could hear the wheels turning in his mind- and she hated that she was hurting him. She just felt like she had to.

Jack knew that he shouldn't talk to her when she was like that- he should leave her alone with her thoughts until she calmed down. But he couldn't. He had to know what was happening.

" Lia? Open to door please." He said as he tapped on the door.

" Go away."

" I'm not leaving until you talk to me-" he couldn't finish his sentence- the door flew open as she walked passed him.

" Can you stop for a second?" He asked her- as she went into the living room.

She stopped- and she turned to face him. Her face was red- her eyes puffy.

"Did you have a nightmare? What is it?" He asked getting closer to her as she took a step back.

" I think we should break up."

"What?- Where is this coming from?" He asked- very confused.

" This isn't working."

" You have to be kidding." He scoffed- his arms crossed on his chest.

" I'm not, okay? I told you this from the beginning, I warned you! I love you- so much, and I know you know that. I just don't feel like this is working anymore."

" Why are you doing this?" He questioned. Though he knew why.

" What?"

" You're pushing me away."

" No I'm not"

" yes you are."

" no I'm not!" She defended again.

" Amelia look at me." He stepped closer- and she didn't back up this time.
" I'm not leaving you. I'm not going anywhere and if you wanna get rid of me, you'll have to try harder than that. I know you're scared okay? I know that. But you have to let me help you. You have to let me in."

Amelia couldn't stop the tears from cascading, she was a mess. Physically- mentally. She was hurting him- and she hated herself for that.

" Do you believe me?" He asked the girl, his hands on both sides of her face, grabbing her gently for her to look at him.

" I can't."

" Amelia do you believe me?" He repeated

After a quick breath- she responded.

" Yes. I believe you." She fought against the devil standing on her shoulder.

He took a deep breath before talking again.

« You know, when I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen, and I still do. I need you to stop torturing yourself. I need you to see that. Because I love you."

" I just don't think I'm worth it."

" Amelia."

" Yeah?" She looked up at him.

" You take my breath away. When you sing, when you laugh, all the time. I'd say you're pretty worth it." He cracked a smile- his hands still on her cheeks.

Amelia couldn't help but smile- she didn't know what she had done to deserve him- but in this moment- everything made sense- she believed him. She was good enough. And she had to force herself to believe that, for her own sake- and Jack's.

she was so loved.

__________________________________
April 19th
Y'all I think this is the end...
The epilogue will follow very soon- I might update
A few other chapters just for fun- I'm not sure yet.
Please be honest does this suck, I wrote it so fast I feel like it's rushed I just didn't know what to do.
Thank you so much for 5k reads already- it's insane.
If you wanna check more of my work I just uploaded another Ethan Landry ff called KILLER QUEEN where my OC is ghostface:)
Lifeline is also completed.