"The Secret Project"

"November 12th, 1976"

Darrell had been working at the facility for over two months and was slowly getting the hang of his work. He made quick friends with his colleagues and worked well with them all.

"So have you heard about that diesel who went missing?" began one of the doctors.

"I did and under such strange circumstances." Replied Darrell. "I mean his goods train was found along that Kirk Ronan branch I believe, but yet no sign of an engine nor his crew."

The door slid open, and Dr. Daniels then walked into the room.

"Sorry for interrupting, but Darrell, do you mind heading to my office? I forgot several important documents there and I need them urgently."

"Yes of course. Where are they exactly?"

"They're located in the second drawer of my desk. Now get going, I have a meeting to get to."

Darrell jokingly saluted his supervisor and went off to fetch the documents. As soon as he rounded the first corner Darrell quickly realized he was lost.

"God, I've been in this facility for two months and I still can't figure out its layout. Then again it doesn't help when the entire place is painted white."

Darrel eventually found Dr. Daniels' office and grabbed the papers within. He ran out of the office and ran face first into Dr. Taggart. Papers scattered all over the floor.

"Dr. Taggart I am so sorry. I don't know why we keep meeting each other like this."

"It's fine! I just need my papers! I have a very important meeting to get to!"

The two men gathered their papers, said their farewell, and parted ways. Darrell handed the papers to Dr. Daniels, and he looked through the stack before picking out a paper in the back.

"Where did you get this?" Daniels asked confusingly.

"From your desk?" Darrell said as he looked confusingly at the paper.

"Well, this isn't mine. Here, just take it to your office. I must get going."

Darrell grabbed the paper and Dr. Daniels ran off to his meeting. It didn't take a genius to realize that the paper must have belonged to Taggart. Darrell walked down the hallway and into his office where he set the paper down on the desk and began to turn away when he noticed something.

"Subject D261? Isn't that the diesel which went missing?" Darrell said to himself.

He picked up the paper and continued to read. His curiosity was overwhelming. He read through the paper and gasped as he dropped the paper to the ground. Darrell's mind couldn't piece together what he had learned. Should he tell the police? Topham? The government? No, the government would have to know about this based on that document.

"This facility...it isn't a power station...it isn't a pharmaceutical factory...it's a containment site. I have to keep quiet. If the company finds out I know I'm sure they'll make my life hell. I can't risk Cheryl or Tommy's lives. I just hope I'm doing the right thing here."