~3~

The warehouse was desolate,the sound of trash cans being scavenged by dogs fill the air.
Kyle leaned against the black SUV.He glanced round the empty place,waiting.
The gamma sighed in tiredness,pinching the bridge of his nose.Yesterday wasn't enough.He could fight all day and still play the same role all over again.Downside of being part of the mafia.He needed a break,and a long one.

His phone buzzed.He checked the caller ID before answering.

"Yes?"Kyle answered in tiredness

"Any news?"The caller asked

"No,nothing ye-"

A black van pulled up opposite the SUV.Kyle glanced at the van, curious to know who the passenger is.A man dressed in a black long sleeve shirt rolled at elbow length and black slacks stepped out of the van.The gamma gave the stranger a once over,studying his physique.

Could be an alpha Kyle thought.His height and build couldn't be that of a beta or gamma.

"They're in"Kyle said to the caller.

"I'll inform the boss"

§ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •§

Ace shoved his hands into his slacks pocket and whistled.The gamma on the phone turned at the sound.Ace smirked and looked at the gamma,studying him.

In the dim light,the alpha could make out the gamma's physique.Not too big.Looks strong enough to take an alpha,one like himself.His smile grew into a malicious grin.

This will be fun.

Killian stepped into the balcony across his office,a glass of scotch in hand.Looking over the pack house,he gulped down half the scotch in his hand.

Another meeting he thought.Would'nt be one if Ace isn't back.Killian sighed.Two hours and nothing.Something must've happened.Only one name crossed his mind

Ace the alpha thought.He squeezed the glass till a crack formed at the tip.A knock on the door stopped his thoughts

"Come in"

A female beta entered.Killian turned to face the informant,crimson eyes glowing

"Speak"

His voice dripped with alpha authority.The informant became stiff, breath shaky.She inhaled deeply before speaking

"There's word that Ace has arrived." Killian gulped down the remaining scotch in his hand.

"And Kyle?"

The informant stiffened.The part she'd been dreading."We haven't heard word from him since he called on his arrival"
That did it.Killian squeezed the glass till it burst.The informant whimpered in fear,knees wobbling.
"Call the others,we're leaving."He growled.

"Y-yes Boss"With that,the informant left.
If anything happens to his second in command,Brother or no brother he'd personally take the job of killing Ace.
Killian stepped out of the black van and stopped to look at the warehouse.He tapped the holster on his belt lightly,an assurance in case the meeting backfires.Killian walked into the warehouse, accompanied by two of his men.The warehouse was dimly lit,lights flickering by the minute.

"Ah,the long lost brother is found"
The alpha glanced round the room and caught sight of a man coming out of the shadows

"Ace"the alpha said gruffly.

"You're the spitting image of health,but your little spy..."Ace made a hand signal and two men appeared out of the shadows holding Klye,bruised and battered with a bloody lip and broken nose.

"Boss"he said with a crooked smile.

Really?

Has the balls to even fucking smile?

Killian gritted his teeth.He's on edge as it is.His second in command,a mess.Releasing his pheromones would only create an unwanted mess, though the unwanted mess would be highly enjoyable.Grown men writhing in pain from a boner they can't satisfy.He barked a low laugh at the thought.Ace cocked an eyebrow in his direction.Killian just smirked.

"A stray thought"

Ace looked at him with a cool demeanor.

"Always the jokester.No wonder father treated you like his own".Hatred coated his tongue at the last words.One thing was for certain,Ace despises Killian way more than he does his own father.The air was tense,making the atmosphere uncomfortable for the guards.

Something's going to happen.Killian could feel it,like a blaring siren.He had it the moment he entered the warehouse and was right when he saw his second in command a bloody mess.The alpha slowly raised his hand to his gun whiles Ace was whispering something to one of his men,hand going to his back.Ace pulled out a gun, shooting a flickering bulb at his left and went down hiding behind some barrels,his men following suit, leaving Kyle a bloody mess.Killian did same,his men in front.

One knee down and a gun in hand,the alpha peered behind the barrel.Kyle was wide open,vulnerable to any attack in his current state.He leaned back and turned to one of his men.

"Get him out of there"

The man nodded,slowly moving to the other side of the barrels.He immediately went back as a bullet ricocheted off the barrel and sighed.Killian growled lowly.

"Ace,what's the meaning of this?"Killian bellowed.He could almost hear the sinster smile of his half brother.

"You didn't think I'd let you leave alive,did you?"

Killian needed to stall his brother long enough to get Kyle out of there.He needed the idiot,and not in a body bag.

"It's amusing to think you can kill me"Killian replied.He had a plan.Once his second in command is out of the danger zone, he'd call for back up and end it.

"Underestimating me wouldn't be wise,brother."

Whiles distracting his brother,one of Killian's men dragged Kyle out of the open.

Good,he made it.The alpha nodded at the man when he came back with Kyle in hand.Men burst in from the backdoor, shooting at Killian's end.Bullets ricocheted off the barrels shielding the alpha and his men.Killian leaned out behind the barrels and aimed, shooting anyone his eyes landed on.Three men fell beside Ace,blood pooling on the floor.

∆•••••••••••••••••∆

One of Killian's men was already dead,the other was bleeding profusely at the shoulder.From the way he was loosing blood,he'd pass out very soon.

Lucas burst in with an army of men from Killian's side and went on a shooting spree.The beta came beside the alpha with a goofy smile.Killian only glared.

"I know I'm late but I'm here aren't I?"
The alpha's eyes turned crimson red.Lucas smile faltered.

"Be glad Kyle is still breathing"

Damn he's that pissed the beta thought.

Lucas stepped out behind the barrels, shooting.The beta heard a muffled footstep behind the barrels.Lucas turned to see a female omega dressed in black holding a pocket knife.He screamed to warn Killian and felt a hard thud at his head,everything turning black

Killian felt a knife stab his upper arm.He grunted from the pain and staggered,running out of the warehouse.Blood gushed out of his wound.The sound of bullets bouncing off metal was deafening.

With the strength he had left, Killian hobbled his way far from the warehouse and found himself at the garage of a house.He checked the back door and it was unlocked.

Whoever's living here really has a death wish.He couldn't care less who lived here,all he needs right now is a safe place.He entered and flipped the switch, revealing the room to be a kitchen.Killian leaned against the wall, clutching his arm.

His vision was getting blurry and he felt weak from the loss of blood.The alpha closed his eyes,slipping into darkness.