~9~

Beryl's POV

This is awkward

And annoying

Really awkward and annoying

This Collin guy is annoying.

He's talking ever so highly about alphas being the most dignified people in the society.

Bullshit.I want nothing more than to punch him really good in his perfect nose that it becomes crooked.

".... don't you agree with me?"

Collin looked at me with a smile.

"Y-yes of course.You're absolutely right"Shit he almost saw through me.Just be the oblivious idiot you are and keep talking about yourself.

Truthfully I don't care what he's talking about nor do I want to know.But I can pretend to care while I'm thinking of ways to exit this uncomfortable situation.

Fake a phone call?

Nah,I didn't bring my phone with me.

Meeting up with someone?

He'll just make me more uncomfortable.

I will pray to every single god that is up there to send me a sign or a bloody idea to get rid of this guy.

Looking at him,you can't deny that he's handsome.The only problem is that he's all over the media and has a reputation among girls and guys.

Of course they all hear it,believe it and still keep chasing him.Thinking along the lines of 'I can change him'

Oh those poor delusional souls

They know nothing about this guy

Yes I did a little research on this guy.You can never be too careful these days

Collin Walters.First in line to the Monroe Enterprise.Eldest son with two siblings.He's like every other elite asshole alpha.Always making themselves look like saints.I wouldn't be surprised if this Collin guy is a playboy.

Who am I kidding?

He's definitely one of them.The pampered elite kids who can't do the dirty work but take credit for it.I'm positive he doesn't have a working brain cell in that head of his.

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm blazing this Collin idiot.

Well because I have no intention of marrying him and speaking to him with all the things going on in my head will lead me into trouble with my father.

Like I care

But sometimes it's better not to be an asshole.

"This has been an amazing talk but I have assignments to do.I'm still in school and all...."

Fun fact,I will never work on those assignments.On the bright side,I have an excuse.It's a win win.

"Right.Assignment.Will I see you at the gala?"

"Gala?"

"The annual art gala this friday night"

The art gala that those snobbish elites give away huge sums of money all in the name of charity, doing good for the unfortunate they say.Throwing their money about to look like the saints people perceive them to be.

I hate those programs.Been there once and saw the way they treated the servers,absolutely disgusting.

"Oh that gala.I don't know,I'm busy with school so I don't think I can make it"

Collin looked disappointed,I'm sure he's asking so he could show off at the gala that Beryl Quinn is his new conquest to his other player friends.

"Then I'll see you around?"

"Of course"

Not ever again.

We walked back to my father's office in silence and with him trying to grab my ass.

They're all the same

He's already proving how much of a swine he is.

"Did you kids have fun?"Mr Walters looks at his son expectantly and my dad looks at me the same way.

"It was.... interesting"Let this end.Please let this end.Fake smiling is so painful,I can't feel my cheeks anymore.

My father can tell I'm faking it because Collin is not the first alpha to try and make me swoon.But he just loves making me suffer.

Isn't he the best father ever?

Like all the other elites,he has the close minded thought that elites shouldn't mingle with other people.We are the kings.We own this world and rule these people.Among the middle class,we are saints.

Readers,my father.Andre Quinn

Like any other elite,my father has the looks to make anyone swoon.But it didn't work on my mother,Magdelina.I feel like I took more of her side than my father's side.

A maid entered the room, putting the conversation to a halt.

"Sorry to interrupt but there's a phone call for master Beryl"

I frowned at her for calling me master but she had to call me that title or she loses her job here.

"Thank you Lucy,I'll be right there".

She bowed and left.I didn't miss the collin guy eye fucking her.Of course, he'll fuck just about anybody.

The excuse I need is here and I have never been happier.I exited the office with hidden glee and answered the phone in my room.I must thank whoever called.

"Hello?"

"Beryl?"

"Who is this?"

"It's Mason,from chemistry class.We have a group work and I was thinking when you'll be free to discuss it"

I forgot about that

What better chance than to discuss it right now.

"How about today,in.....20 minutes at the library?"

"Today?"

"Yeah,you got time?"

"It's good, I'll see you"

"Yeah, bye"

I didn't wait for him to respond and ended the call.

Guess I better get ready for this discussion I know nothing about.

     ๑´•.̫ • '๑๑´•.̫ • '๑๑´•.̫ • '๑๑´•.̫ • '๑

Hii

Hope y'all like it, thanks for reading 🦋

Byee💕