dirtbike riding junkie

"Love's just another drug I've grown victim to"

There was no fucking way that shit was going to trial anyways, not with Rafes supposed alleged, yet, no-where-to-be-found victim not even showing up to report a crime.

Yet, Shoupe had declared that stupid witnesses claims as reasonable.

"I mean, I wasn't there", Rafe said. "Right, I was...I was back in here, falsely accused of a crime I didn't commit, remember?"

He enjoyed himself too much in that interrogation room, feeling invincible.

"But you were, I mean, you saw my dad get blown into a million pieces, right?", he asked. He didn't need to say any more to attack the new sheriffs integrity. Who was the crazy one here, the witness, or the sheriff? Which one of them lying?

"Well here's a crime you did commit. You assaulted a guy", Shoupe replied coldly.

"Yeah, who?", Rafe shrugged.

"We're looking for him"

"Good luck boys", Rafe smiled.

He had better fucking things to do than go through the goddamn hassle of an arrest again, but Shoupe was fucking petty. When he claimed, Rafe was seen together with two men, assaulting one of them, the other one resembling his dead father, and either one of them was nowhere to be found: this should be treated as a potential murder case.

It was ridiculous, almost, and wouldn't even even last a second once Rafe got ahold of his lawyer, who was probably enjoying a goddamn after work beer in front of his TV right now.

Rafe called, Barry came.

"You made me look like a fucking idiot in there", Barry complained only when they were far enough from the station to not be heard anymore, walking over to Barry's car.

Shoupe had given him quite the look for bailing Rafe out. He remembered Barry's call, to turn him in.

"I was perfectly under the fucking radar, so thanks for that", Barry continued. He didn't like showing his face around the sherrifs station, let alone his name on paper next to Cameron.

Rafe didn't reply to his complaints. What else was he supposed to do? Wait in a fucking cell, just so Barry could pretend to be no longer associated with him.

Barry sighed, glancing over at Rafe. His silence could mean a lot of things, and none of them were any good. "He okay?"

"Yeah", Rafe replied.

"Great", Barry said.

Rafe nodded. "I saved him, you know. But someone saw him, alright. They told the cops and now these fucking pogues-"

"Rafe-", Barry stopped him. "I'm glad he's alright, if that's the trip you're on right now anyways. But ion wanna hear any more, alright?"

Rafe opened his mouth and didn't say a thing, stunned by being cut off like it, so Barry continued.

"I get you called me because your girlfriend doesn't have any money to bail you out but why don't you go now and tell her about this shit instead, huh?", he asked and stopped by the door. "Cause honestly ion give a fuck"

It wasn't what he wanted to do. Just what he knew was right. This, and exactly this was the reason he suggested friends with benefits anyways. This was what he paid for with that damn Sofia girl. To no longer get pulled into this bullshit, into drama with 16 year old kids and the tiring rollercoaster of let's kill my dad and let's kill everyone fucking else. It at least had to be worth something.