Letter Delivery

You were just a simple guard in the Emperors coven, you weren't as bulky as the other members so you mostly stayed in the palace, doing small tasks. To be honest, you were more like a high ranking servant than a guard, but that didn't bother you.

You usually moved around the palace frequently, making stops at different parts to deliver something or do lack-luster chores, but today you were surprised when Kikimora had approached you, handing you a golden sealed envelope and told you to deliver it to Emperor Belos.

You would be lying if excitement didn't fill you when you turned the corner. You looked up to the Emperor greatly, and even if you would just deliver a letter to him, just being in his presence would be an honor to you.

You walked quickly with the letter in hand, making your way to the throne room he frequently occupied. As you approached the entrance you noticed a set of guards standing post. You recognized them and brought up light heartedly that you were delivering this letter to him.

"Sorry, y/n. He's not in here right now, I think he may be in his study if you want to check." One of the guards told you flatly. You nodded and turned on your heels, beginning to make your way to his study.

The room that he was supposedly in was much more tucked away then the throne room. A single grand door that was close to a wall, if you didn't know any better you'd think it was a custodial closet.

You expected to see more guards here, but the outside of the door was empty. You questioned if you were in the right place for a moment, but realizing that you didn't have anywhere else to check, you brought your fist up the door and knocked gently.

Nothing.

You heard rustling behind the door, so you knew someone was in there, so you knocked again, just a little louder this time.

The rustling persisted, but still, no one came to the door. Foolishly taking initiative, you grabbed the handle and opened the door slowly.

Quickly you regretted you decision as you see a figure panting animalistically, knelt over a desk throwing papers wildly. Your heart felt like it dropped to your feet as you brought out your false palisman, stepping closer, what had happened to the Emperor?

"Hello? Who are you?" You asked, your voice laced with false confidence as you stare down the figure. Your eyes widen as it's head quickly turns to you with beaming bright blue eyes.

You only have a second to react as it comes charging at you frantically. You stumble to the side as you realize this isn't a person, but a beast.

The thing whirls its head around and charges again at you, grunting as you begin to notice what it's made out of. It felt like your stomach lurched as you observed the green, dripping sludge that it was made out of .

You grunt as you narrowly dodge the creature again before drawing a circle in the air, trying to do the little beast keeping magic you know and calm it down, but it doesn't work. The thing only seems more agitated at you now as it lifts up one of its arms and points it at you, extending a sludgy arm that wraps around you.

You drop you staff in surprise as the creature grips you, making you groan in pain as it retracts it's arms and brings it closer to it's large face.

You struggle fruitlessly against the creatures tight grip, through grunts you manage to get out, "What ... d-di you do to the Emperor?"

It seems like the beast stills for a moment, almost as if it was processing what you were saying.

"I... I am... the Emperor..." Your eyes widen as the creatures let's out those words in a quiet, but raspy voice. You don't even have time to process it before it growls loudly and slams you against the floor harshly, knocking the wind out of you.

You begin to desperately gasp for air as your entire body is stunned. The feral beast then lowers its head down to you quickly, and you can feel the humid breath of it against your face, making it harder to let any air back into your lungs.

Its head then turns quickly to the door as light peers in. The monster quickly leaves you and charges toward the door, you desperately want to warn whoever opened it, but you find yourself unable to as you lay helplessly still on the floor, still desperate for air to come back into your lungs.

You hear the commotion come to a halt and then you see a golden figure stand above you, shining brightly. Then everything proceeds to go dark.

---------

I really hope you like the first chapter of this!! it's kinda short but I'm hoping that as it progresses they get longer :3
may 10th, 2023