Ch. 23 One Step from Falling

*Chiara

Chiara, shoulder pressed to the door, watched Logan's pupils go almost fully black with desire. The crowds from Envy howled for blood—their blood—and the doors shook with blows from the battering ram.

Her next thought was pure madness, and then she stopped thinking all together.

In one fast move, she grabbed Logan's arms, twisted, and whipped her wings, flinging them both to the side, near one of the massive pillars.

As demons from Envy poured into the hall, screaming in wrath, envy, and whatever sins ate their hearts, she huddled to hide her wings behind that pillar. They charged forward, past the column where they hid in half shadows and into the huge hall beyond.

But she didn't care about them.

She pulled Logan to her. Her lips found his. She nipped and sucked and then licked up his cheek, the salt of his sweat sharp on her tongue. His hands went around her waist, up her back on her bare skin, but it wasn't enough. She was starved for him.

The hardness of his armor pressed into her thigh.

She wanted a different hardness.

She wanted him inside her. Her hands fumbled at his makeshift clothing and armor buckles. She had wanted him for weeks, months. She had shivered and trembled on the stone floor, freezing, wanting his arms to warm her. She had wanted his lips, hands, and body to ignite her.

Desire consumed her.

"Chiara," he said. He took her hands, trying to hold her still. "Stop. It's lust."

"I know." The sin of lust raged in her, but she didn't care. She broke free and cupped his jaw. "I'm not going to resist this time."

Every angel is one step away from tumbling off the edge into the abyss and becoming one of the fallen.

She would fall with Logan.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, but turned her away from him to face the column. His hand went to her throat as his chest pressed to her back. The column's cold stone chilled her skin, but nothing could stop the glowing embers in her core.

He kissed her neck, leaving at wet trail.

"Yes," she whispered. "Take me."

"Trust me, my sweetest, you do not want to do this with me now," he growled. "I'll give you taste, though, so you understand why."

Her position was utter vulnerability. His hand at her throat could squeeze and she wouldn't be able to fight him. In fact, he forced her to lift her head and gaze upwards as he ran his other hand down her side, following the curves of her breast, waist and flair of hips. Then he reached forward, dipping to rub between her legs, through the tight skirt and thin loin cloth under clothing she still wore underneath it.

She arched into his arms. His breath was heavy and moist at her neck, his lips velvet, his teeth raking, as he alternated kisses with small bites, drawing gasps from her throat.

He yanked the hem of the skirt up the last few inches and parted the last little bit of cloth separating them.

His fingers found her wet and swollen with desire. She moaned as he explored her. He kicked her feet apart to widen her legs and give himself better access.

She realized she was digging her hands into the stone of the column. She let go to reach backward to Logan, and dug in her nails in his shoulders while he toyed with her. His fingers dipped and caressed, almost gently, not giving her what she really wanted.

She'd had other lovers. During training, it was mostly the other females, needing to blow off steam and find comfort at night, and other than that there had been a fumbling, quick encounter with a young male right before she left for training.

She'd never been with a warrior like Logan, and certainly never with a demon who lived for lust.

He had her constricted in a vice-like grip, not letting her move like she needed to or touch him like she wanted. She ground her buttocks into his hips, seeking out that hardness between his legs that proved own desire for her. With his fingers, he circled her entrance when she whimpered for him to take her, even if it was just his fingers, and give her relief from this aching need.

"Is this what you want?" he whispered. A rough finger entered her.

She moaned in response.

"Or perhaps this?" He inserted a second finger, rubbing her inner ridges and slick sex.

She dugs her nails in his skin harder. He hissed and tightened his grip, making it impossible to move. He controlled her now. All she had to do was give in.

All he had to do was give her what she wanted.

But he wouldn't. He entered her slowly with the two fingers and then pulled free, leaving her emptier than before somehow.

She tried to squirm.

"Be still," he said. "Don't attract attention. Demons can smell pleasure, like they can smell fear, and they will be all over you, my sweetest. Open your mouth."

She did as he commanded. He put his fingers in her mouth. She licked them, lighting a hotter fire than ever in her core. She imagined they were his cock, wet with her desire, and she sucked them hard.

He hissed again, muttering curses.

"Please," she begged. "Logan..."

"Spread your legs wider," he said. The second she obeyed, he cupped her sex with his hand until he found that sweet spot in the middle that begged for his attention. He circled her clit, whipping her feelings into a whirlwind of need and pleasure.

He put his other hand over her mouth. She leaned back on him, pushing her wings down and to the side to be out of the way. He cursed again. The bulge in her rump told her why, but she was beyond worrying about him. She had to keep herself from screaming out loud.

He plunged two fingers in her sex, letting his palm keep up a circling pressure on her clit. It wasn't enough.

She was greedy. "More."

"Fuck me, Chiara," he muttered.

"I'm trying to..."

He inserted a third finger in her sex, stretching her wider. He moved with her, bringing, her higher and higher.

Every angel is one step from falling.

Strange how falling feels so much like flying....

*** Thank you for reading! ***