ch 35 - both

Jo

Once we got inside, Alex and I were immediately escorted to the box we were going to be sitting in, so we didn't get to see Lucy, Phoebe, or Julien before their show. I texted Julien letting her know that we had made it inside, but we were in our seats already since they were about to start letting people in. She responded saying she would keep an eye out for me during the show, and she let me know that they had decided to sing Ketchum, ID last tonight so they could give us a shoutout as being their muses and then we could leave in case too many people tried to get over to us. I told Alex the plan, and we sat down ready to watch the show. The opening act was great, and he didn't get any less exciting to watch no matter how many times you saw him. Then it was time for our boys to go on.

Alex and I were on our feet for their entire set, and their show got better with every song they sang. The time had finally come for their last song, and I immediately began to feel nauseous when I saw Lucy step up to her mic.

"I'm sure you guys have heard about what inspired us to write Ketchum, ID," Lucy said. "I mean I would assume you would have heard by now, because I can't get on tiktok without seeing myself explain it," she said, causing the crowd to laugh.

"And I know by now just about every person in this room has heard the news," Phoebe said with a laugh. "Our little boygenius does in fact have a girlfriend," she said, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers. They sounded mostly positive, which did help to ease some of my nerves.

"I do in fact have a girlfriend," Julien said into her mic.

"Now you may be wondering why we're bringing this up," Phoebe said, causing everyone in the room to get quiet. "There are some special guests in the room tonight," she said as the room exploded in screams.

"My beautiful girlfriend Jo and her best friend Alex are here tonight!" I heard Julien say over the screams with the biggest smile on her face.

"Everyone say thank you Jo and Alex for inspiring Ketchum, ID!" Lucy said as a spotlight was pointed at Alex and I.

A chorus of thank yous echoed through the room, and I felt my cheeks starting to heat up. Alex, on the other hand, was enjoying being the focus of the room's attention. They bowed and waved and blew kisses to everyone around us.

"We love you guys," Julien said into her mic, causing me to blush. "This one's for you."

Julien

We played probably our best show yet. Everything was going smoothly, everyone was singing along, and we were just having fun. It was finally time for us to sing our last song, and that meant it was also time for Jo to make her debut as my girlfriend. I watched Lucy step up to her mic, and I felt my stomach do a somersault. 

 "I'm sure you guys have heard about what inspired us to write Ketchum, ID," Lucy said. "I mean I would assume you would have heard by now, because I can't get on tiktok without seeing myself explain it," she said, causing the crowd to laugh.

 "And I know by now just about every person in this room has heard the news," Phoebe said, making herself laugh. "Our little boygenius does in fact have a girlfriend," she said, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers.

 I took one of my in-ears out to try to gauge if the cheers sounded positive or negative, and the room sounded happy. I decided it was time for me to weigh in on this topic. 

 "I do in fact have a girlfriend," I said into my mic. 

 "Now you may be wondering why we're bringing this up," Phoebe said as the room got quiet. "There are some special guests in the room tonight," she said, causing the room to explode in cheers. 

 "My beautiful girlfriend Jo and her best friend Alex are here tonight!" I said into my microphone, unable to keep the goofy smile off of my face.

"Everyone say thank you Jo and Alex for inspiring Ketchum, ID!" Lucy said as a spotlight was pointed at Alex and Jo. I watched Jo and Alex as I heard the room erupt in thank yous. 

Jo looked so cute as she stood awkwardly, unsure of where she should look. I couldn't stop myself from laughing as Alex bowed and waved and blew kisses to everyone around them.

"We love you guys," I heard myself say into my mic. "This one's for you."

The rest of the show, I found myself struggling to keep my eyes anywhere but Jo. It was harder to see her and Alex once the spotlight was turned off, but once my eyes adjusted I watched her and Alex sing along to the song they inspired. As we were nearing the end of the song, I saw Jo and Alex start to head backstage when a group of girls stopped them. I looked over to Phoebe and Lucy, and saw they were watching them too. The next thing I knew, Phoebe and I were taking our guitars off and hopping down from the stage as Lucy yelled into her microphone. 

-------------------------------------

im sorry its short and a cliffhanger (please dont kill me i have to see the boys next month); my little sister is in town and ive been working, but i wanted to write and this is all my brain had the energy for at 1am

another update coming soon i promise xoxo (fingers crossed for tomorrow) 

(also how does this story have over 5,000 reads thats so crazy to me ily guys)