ch 45 - alex + jo

Alex

After a quick text exchange, it was decided that I would pick Liv up from their apartment at 6, which was perfect because that's when Jo had to be at work. Once I was fully ready, I helped Jo find all the pieces to her Katie outfit she had agreed to wear to work tonight. We had decided that Jo and I would surprise everyone with our outfits, so we were both getting ready in her room while everyone else had gotten ready in my room or the bathroom. I sat down on the edge of her bed to tie my Docs as she was digging through her closet for her boots she wanted to wear with the outfit.

"Is it crazy to you that we haven't even known our best friends for six months?" I heard Jo ask as she emerged from her closet with her boots in her hand.

"I mean, kind of?" I replied in a questioning tone. "I mean, I feel like we had codependency issues way sooner than six months," I said, trailing off at the end of my sentence.

"Touche," Jo said while nodding her head.

I sat patiently as she slid her feet into the boots and zipped them all the way up. I helped her stand up and realized just how much taller than me the boots made her.

"Oh my god," she said when she saw our reflection in her mirror.

"You're like Lucy height right now," I said as I craned my neck to look up at her. "I can't wait to see you next to Julien."

"Shall we?" she said, sticking her hand out to grasp mine.

"We're about to make our grand entrance, have cameras at the ready!" I yelled down the hallway.

"Oh, they're ready alright," Phoebe shouted back, the smirk evident in her voice.

Jo and I stepped into the living room hand in hand, and were immediately greeted with flashes and camera noises, causing us to laugh.

"Don't make me laugh too hard, if I bend over everyone's getting a free show," Jo said through her laughter.

"That's the point of the skirt, Katie 2.0!" Katie yelled, causing everyone to laugh all over again. "I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind the show anyway," she said as she looked directly at Julien.

"You caught me," Julien said as she threw her hands up in the air. "My girlfriend is hot and I like to look at her, sue me."

"I already asked if you could fight, I don't see why I would sue you on top of that," Phoebe said as she stood up and walked toward Jo.

"Watch it, Bridgers," Julien said in a warning tone.

"Oh I'm watching alright," Phoebe replied in a jokingly flirty way as she came and placed both hands on Jo's shoulders and looked up at her.

"Oh, hey down there," Jo said through her laughter.

"I need to see you next to Lucy immediately," Julien said from the couch.

"Me? I need to see her next to you!" Lucy retorted.

"Happily," Julien said as she leapt from the couch and ran to stand next to her ridiculously tall girlfriend.

I quickly whipped my phone out and snapped a picture of the two of them standing and looking each other in the eyes. Jo, standing there in her halter tank, mini skirt, fishnet tights, and 6 inch platform thigh high boots, and Julien, facing her in her black slacks, backless vest, and Docs loafers. I clicked on the picture to take a closer look at it, and even though Julien didn't even come up to Jo's shoulder, they were still looking at each other with so much love and adoration that I almost threw up. After I texted the picture to Jo, my eyes drifted to the time in the corner of my screen.