Chapter 5

That night, Percy and Apollo sat with the Blofis family at the dinner table.

While the family was relieved, the news of Kronos's return had dampened the mood significantly.

Percy was beyond worried by the implications of the previous two days. Not only had Kronos managed to kidnap his mother, he had taken over an area of New York and made it a time capsule. Not to mention the disappearance of the kidnappers. There was a lot at play that they weren't seeing.

Sally had told them all that she could remember. How she'd been writing at a little coffee shop and had then woken tied up in the back of a truck amongst huge cardboard boxes.

They didn't do anything to her at all. In fact, according to her, the people who had kidnapped her had seemed like they had never been in a fight before.

While she was still in the truck, she had heard snippets of conversation.

"What I still don't get is why it's a professor." Somebody had said.

"Symbolic, I guess. Wouldn't it make an absurd kind of sense?"

She wasn't sure what they were talking about at all. It could've been about a movie for all she cared. It didn't sound in the slightest way to be related to her or her family. Percy agreed with her on that point. He was a professor, but he had no rivals academically and kidnapping his mother would achieve nothing.

She went on to tell them about how they had dosed her with some sedative again and then woke up tied to a chair in an abandoned warehouse.

The men were all young, seemingly in their late twenties. One of them stepped up to her. He had tan skin, short brown hair and dark eyes. He had asked her, "What do you know of the Illuminati?"

Percy was only confused by the question.

Sally said that they seemed to expect her to react in some way but she was only confused.

"Isn't that some conspiracy theory or something?"

"Just tell us, woman. Is your son part of the Illuminati?" The voice got harsher.

"No. I don't even know what that is."

"Is he a member of the Illuminati or not?" He screamt in her ear.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She thinks it was then that the man had walked close to her and she managed to kick him in the shins. Another had tried to contain her, but she resolutely but his hand.

"Don't try to lie to us. We know everything about your son."

Sally's eyebrows had risen at that.

"Him and his friends don't have too long to hide. The King will make sure of it."

That was when Matt had interfered and rescued her.

Percy couldn't make head or tail of it. The King was definitely the Titan King. But what did the Illuminati have to do with anything?

"So, you might've been kidnapped by conspiracy theorists to check if Percy is a member of the Illuminati?"

It was Estelle who broke the silence first. She was a stubborn teenager now. She had grown so much over the years, Percy couldn't believe it. It seemed like it had been yesterday when he had first held her in his arms. He still had a tendency to view her as a child, one that she often fought with him for.

"What do you know about the Illuminati?" Apollo asked her, like a teacher testing their student's prior knowledge before teaching.

"They were some group of extremely influential individuals who were rumoured to have influence over the whole world. That's what I've heard from the crazy theorists in my class. They try to find 'symbols' of the Illuminati in all kind of things."

| PANDEMONIUM | Percy x Apolloजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें