Chapter 7

Percy felt like shit.

He had been feeling queasy for many hours by then, but he just thought it was because he hadn't eaten anything in nearly two days, had worked himself to the ground trying to find his mother and hadn't slept a wink or stopped to rest. Even gods can run out of fuel and he had run out hours ago.

But, what he had started feeling for the past hour wasn't same thing, and it took him too long to realise that.

When he pulled out his phone to call Apollo, he only had a moment to remind himself to disguise the colour of ichor when he started coughing it up.

His whole body ached, joints creaking and cracking like a machine. He couldn't sense two of his domains, and he was coughing up ichor. His vision and his thoughts were turning hazy with every passing minute.

He must have looked like shit too, because by the time the meeting had ended, they had all looked at him with alarming degrees of concern.

After that, most of their faces blurred together.

He felt like he was floating in the air. Was he on a hot air balloon?

He started coughing again.

He figured he had godly tuberculosis from his symptoms but he could be wrong.

Did gods get tuberculosis?

Probably not. But gods also didn't have gay arranged marriages until he came along.

There was a first time for everything right?

Is that Apollo? He thinks he can see a golden blob. Or is that the sun? Isn't Apollo the sun?

Warm and calloused hands cupped his face. It feels so nice, he thought, as he slipped away into darkness.

-

Apollo was finishing up on Percy's portrait when he saw Percy's call. Picking up immediately, he had only heard the first two words when he wore a yellow sweater and jeans and decided to materialize outside Avengers Tower.

Taking a quick decision he sent another part of his conscience to where he sensed Triton.

Apollo was met with ice cold water and at least 10 spears aimed at his neck. Triton seemed to be in the middle of a military training exercise. His twin tails twitched in annoyance when he spotted Apollo, but his princely demeanor and carefully crafted neutral expression stayed, indicating that he still hadn't warmed up to Apollo since five years ago.

"There better be a good reason for this, cousin. If you weren't my brother-in-law, this  would be considered an act of war."

It was then that Apollo noticed that he had just materialised in the Atlantean Army's training arena. They were probably preparing themselves for a possible war after last night's council meeting. Percy wanted to do the same with the camps as soon as he was done talking to the Avengers. Seriously, the siblings were more similar to each other than they thought. Or maybe it was just Uncle P's genes.

"Percy's not well." He said.

Triton looked terrifying, eyes luminous in the water, wearing princely robes, surrounded by heavily armed mermen, half of whom had their spears aimed at Apollo's throat.

"Where is he?" Triton's voice was cold as it echoed in the dimly lit underwater arena.

The spears inched closer to his throat.

"Wait Tri, just listen to me for a second. A part of my conscience is already there with him. The si-"

"Tell me where he is." Triton paused  after every word, voice low and deep. It sent chills down Apollo's spine.