Chapter 19

"How many of you are married?" Clint had asked once they were in the air.

Tony understood where he was coming from. He hadn't been able to process all of the information either. Once this whole conflict was done with, he'd probably wake up the next morning with a thousand unanswered questions and he didn't want that.

He was a curious man.

And the gods were weird, to say the least. The most normal ones were definitely Percy and Apollo, or maybe he had just gotten a little used to them.

Triton, Kym and Rhode had all changed appearances now. Maybe they were more comfortable this way now that the Avengers knew their identities?

Triton was wearing a royal blue suit made of soft silk. It even had a tail. Kymopoleia was wearing a gown. It had bright contrasting shades and a chaotic array of frills. Rhode though, seemed to be the opposite with a soft blue gown and pearls woven into it, just like in her hair.

The biggest change the three of them had were the fangs. They had terrified the lights out of him when they first entered the building at Apollo's invitation.

Clint had asked quite bluntly whether Percy had them too.

Apparently, Percy could have fangs, but he chooses not to. Tony had been relieved.

Apollo's siblings were another sight altogether. His twin looked absurdly young for someone of her supposed age and authority. Otherwise she looked very similar to the time when she had visited them briefly.

Hermes looked like a delivery guy with a phone that was apparently his staff and had two snakes twisting around it. The snakes had names. And they talked. George kept asking everyone for rats. Martha seemed more sensible somehow.

Tony tried to not stare as Hermes goes about doing his 'messenger duties'.

Hephaestus was a more simple guy. He had a crutch (couldn't gods heal themselves?). Was clearly more interested by machines than by people. He also had a beard that was constantly on fire.

Tony just hoped his plane would be safe from the guy.

Aphrodite was quite a sight. He had mistaken her for Pepper when she had first arrived. It was only the teleportation, the petals and the doves that made him pause and consider that maybe she wasn't his girlfriend. As he kept looking at her, he also caught sight of quite a few gorgeous women he had known, but she kept reverting back to Pepper and it started to get creepy. Especially because Aphrodite was now draped over her seat, seductively plucking at the seat cover.

Tony wondered how anyone could do that seductively.

If he thought the first ones were weird, the ones that came in later were even weirder.

The guy in the ugly leopard print shirt, with a can of Diet Coke, absurd amounts of chest hair and a pot belly was apparently the god of wine, Dionysus. The other gods had at the least tried to look their best. This guy seemed to be trying to look his absolute worst.

Then there were the women who had appeared with him.

The one with all the flowers had been introduced as Persephone, Queen of the Underworld (How!?). Tony didn't know mythology well enough but he didn't see how a goddess who dealt with flowers could rule the Underworld. Didn't flowers need water and sunlight to grow!?

But she looked pretty. Very pretty. She had flowers woven into her hair and lots and lots of flowers in her gown.

The other lady, Demeter looked like she had cereal stuck to her gown. Not to mention the leaves in her hair. It looked pretty, but cereal does not belong in clothes.