Chapter 15

Enjoy! 🤭

-/-/-/-/-/-

I hate him so much!" Sadiya grumbled before she pushed a spoon of rice in her mouth.

I almost chuckled at the action before I realized that she was genuinely upset about the situation and it was serious so I shouldn't want to laugh.

A lecturer lost her script, it couldn't be found so that's an automatic fail, so she had to re write the paper.

"Don't worry Sadiya, in Sha Allah everything will be fine" Amna said as she tried to console her and the rest of us nodded in agreement.

"Ugh fine" she said as she dropped the spoon "I can't let this ruin my day, it's my birthday after all."

"Exactly! That's the spirit" Maama said with a clap of her hands.

I smiled at them, they genuinely cared about each other.

"Guys don't forget, 7pm sharp, no African time!" Maama said.

Sadiya is having a birthday dinner tonight...and she invited me too, I was a bit shocked, I didn't know she took me as a friend.

Speaking about friends, I finally made one!

Remember that girl from the first day who dropped her flash in front of me? Well she's the one, we happen to be in the same class but I never realized until today because of how many we are, she came up to me and she said hi, her name's Labiba.

She left a few minutes ago because our lectures were cancelled. I however didn't want to inconvenience the driver, so I was willing to wait for Amna for another 3 hours.

But Amna wasn't having it so she called her mom to tell her that my lectures are cancelled and the driver should come because I was too shy to tell her myself.

Amna and Maama stood up to go order food seeing as the line they were waiting for had reduced.

"So..Farida" Nabeela said a few seconds after they had left the table.

I think I almost got a whiplash because of how fast I turned to look at her, she's talking to me? We've known each other for a whole week and apart from that 'hi' from the first day she's never made a move to speak to me, she just ignores me and I do the same.

"Yes?" I said.

"Let us know about yourself" she said with a blank face.

No smile, no nothing.

Okay...

"Um..well, I'm from Jigawa, I have one sibling, her name's Ummi" I said with a smile remembering my sister who I didn't get to call back after I saw her call, I was in class.

"Hm, so why did you leave and come here?" She asked with a rude tone I didn't like.

I frowned a little.

"Girl" Sadiya said as she stopped eating to turn and give her a glare.

Nabeela merely shrugged "just curious."

"Personal reasons" I replied.

She was about to reply me but a call came through and it took me a while to realize the ringing tone was from my phone.

I still wasn't used to it.

Well no one ever called me except my family and they probably thought I was in class by now, well except Ummi who didn't care and would call me anyway.

I looked down at my lap to see an unknown number calling.

I frowned before answering it "hello?"

"I'm at the parking lot" came a familiar voice that is
hard not to recognize.