Chapter 39

"Wait...calm down..so now what you're telling me is that you're married?!" She said in a loud voice.

I hit her hand when people turned to look at us.

"Sorry!...sorry, I just can't believe it" Labiba said in a softer tone.

Me too Labiba. Me too.

I just felt like I had to tell her, she was the only person that felt like a real friend to me. So I told her.

"Oh My Gosh! Well I'm happy for you girl! So you're those type of girls that just get married unexpectedly?" She teased.

I chuckled "I guess?"

I didn't tell her the story, I just said I married Ya Muhammad, she doesn't need to know the full story.

As if he could hear my thoughts his call came in, I answered and he let me know that he has arrived.

I hung up and I gave Labiba a hug before walking to the parking lot.

It wasn't that hard to spot his car and when I did I went in with a Salam, closing the door behind me.

The first thing he did after answering my Salam was frown at me, or rather what I was wearing.

Okay....?

I looked at the two piece outfit I was wearing. What's wrong with it? Amna purchased it for us like last week, and she kept pleading with me to wear it today so we can twin, it was a tight tank dress underneath and there was a matching cover up kimono, I mean the dress made me uncomfortable but the cover up helped a lot so I honestly don't think it's that bad, it wasn't that bad.

I didn't want to wear it but I felt bad turning down her offer, she bought it for me and gave it to me for free, the least I could do was wear it, and besides it was pretty.

I looked back at him after I've finish scrutinizing my clothes.

"What are you wearing?" He asked.

Why would he say that???? Now he's making me insecure.

I wanted to say clothes, but that sounded rude to me so not knowing what else to say to him I awkwardly looked around.

"Manal." He said looking down at me in a frown.

"Uh...I-...it's a dress?"

Ok now that he's pointing it out I see his point. But I swear the cover up was doing it's job the entire day! It's just that from this angle that I'm sitting the cover up flowed by the side, useless.

He looked away from me, as if looking at me made him upset.

"You're married now, start dressing like it" he said.

Damn.

"I'm sorry" I said, not knowing what else to say.

He ignored me as he drove off.

I could literally feel the dark cloud over his head.

I understood why he would be upset but I didn't get why he was that upset. Well maybe something happened?

In my defense you couldn't really blame me, no one gave me the 'what to wear after you're married 101' pamphlet, but that was just common sense so I guess this is my fault.

I saw the familiar road so I decided to speak up "I thought you said we were going somewhere"

"Yes, after you go change." he said.

I scratched the side of my head, feeling embarrassed "oh."

We arrived and he drove into the compound before unlocking the car, allowing me exit while he waited in the car.