Chapter 36

Well here I am packing my clothes and everything I own into my duffle bag and a suitcase Amna borrowed me to move into Ya Muhammad's house.

How did things change so fast? Immediately after that call with Mama things have been CRAZY.

After Amna gave me the suitcase she left for the twin's room to help them pack. After I was done I went into the room to see what they were up to.

"There's still a lot to pack and he said we should be done in 10 minutes" Amna said panting as she raised a huge suitcase up.

"Toh ai it's not like we're never going to come back here , I can come tomorrow and we can pack the remaining stuff" i said.

Amna nodded in agreement and we began to bring the 4 big suitcases out.

One of the maids came out from the corridor to tell me Aunty Saadatu is calling me.

I walked to her room and I contemplated if to knock or just walk in with a Salam as I heard her talking to Ya Muhammad.

"Ka san yarinya che, Sai ka ringa haquri, you're seeing Amna as a baby but Manal is even younger than she is, so sometimes if she does somethings you need to be patient and understand" She said to him.

(You know she's young, you need to be patient)

"In Sha Allah Mama" he replied.

I realized I was eavesdropping so i knocked
on the door.

I heard a 'come in' and I pushed the door open.

Aunty Saadatu was seated on the carpet in her room and Ya Muhammad was in front of her, just like in the position he found I and her in that day.

I said my Salam and I sat down.

Aunty Saadatu smiled before she began her lecture, she kept repeating patience patience patience that I was convinced I would hear her saying patience in my dreams tonight, but understood why, it's very necessary.

"I know at first it might me awkward for the both of you, but I believe you'll be fine, please learn to love each other."

Oh God...her last statement just made this more awkward, the thought of I and him being  in love with each other was akward enough talk-less of it actually happening.

Nevertheless I replied her "In Sha Allah."

He didn't say a word.

Alim rushed into the room "Aunty Manal! Aunty Manal!"

I looked up with wide eyes wondering what he's so hyped about, he opened his small palms to show me a collection of white stones in his hand.

"Woww!" I said with a laugh, he giggled before moving to show his dad, his dad nodded at the stones before giving a smile and patting him on the head.

Alim rushed back to me, dumping the stones on the floor and climbing unto my lap before cuddling into me.

Aunty Saadatu shook her head in amusement "Kai dai ka dawo baby!"

(You've turned into a baby!)

He looked away from her and I laughed at his facial expression.

"Kuma her name is not Aunty Manal, her name is Maa-ma! Say Maama" she urged him.

"Maa-ma! Maama" he said before looking at me with a grin.

I couldn't help but pout, why is that making me emotional???

For a second I forgot his father and grandma were there because I hugged him to before placing a huge kiss on his forehead.