#07

Don't forget to vote ʕ ꈍᴥꈍʔ

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

Following days at work go well.

Mr. Jeon gives you a task, you do it. You hope so, at least.

He hasn't pointed out any possible mistakes, nor he hasn't criticized anything that has to do with you yet. He definitely makes you work for any ounce of respect and acceptance from him.

He's not exactly communicative and the only thing you ever hear him speak about is business. Which makes perfect sense since he's your boss, plus it seems he's focusing on his work all the time. You wonder if he ever just chills and doesn't deal with any business.

You're aware you only see him at work, used to his serious and always hard-working self. Perhaps he's different outside of all of this. It shouldn't interest you at all. Something you've told yourself a long time ago. But when you just can't stop wondering about him. He's like a big unsolved puzzle that brings nothing but confusion, curiosity and frustration.

However, even during the times when you've shared one car and spent the entire ride together, he would just remain either silent or totally businessy.

Now, you're not used to working in such an environment full of businessmen, wealth and pride, but aren't casual talks a natural way of making things less awkward? You've understood during these four days that Mr. Jeon is different from anyone you've ever met or even seen before.

"What are you thinking about?"

It's not only the curious tone but any sound at all that's coming your way that makes you snap out of your thoughts about your boss. Has anyone ever wondered about him as much as you do? That question makes you almost laugh at yourself because you know how it sounds. Behind all that curiosity is a little remorse that you feel toward the man. Sure, he took you in (and that's not even final yet) and ultimately helped you no matter what, yet you know his attitude is just not it. You and him are diametrically different.

Like two people from different worlds.

"Nothing important," you mutter, trying to hide the little lie you just told Max.

He has been friendly enough to ask you to join him for lunch ever since you went with the others as well. However it might not seem to them but Max has been nothing but friendly. A part of you thinks he's doing it because he doesn't want you to feel left out. To be honest, you do prefer his company compared to others. He has a less judgmental look.

"Just thinking of work."

You easily make another lie. But is it one?

Mr. Jeon is your boss, therefore he could be considered as your work as well. Or maybe you're just trying to tell yourself that to not feel guilty for lying to innocent Max.

"We've all been there if it helps. I mean, we still are." he says casually, waves it off as if it's nothing while you stare at him across the table with wide eyes.

"What?" It's quiet and soft, but enough for Max to catch on as he chuckles at your wary face.

"I thought it's obvious," he laughs.

It is obvious but you still want him to elaborate and thankfully, he does.

"You never stop working or thinking of work. Mr. Jeon does not like slackers, he does not hire them."

"I get that," you start, frowning a little. "But it sounds harsh though. We are all human. We make mistakes."

"Oh, mistakes are not very welcomed in the company but they're accepted, of course. Like you said, we all make mistakes but we're learned to avoid them at all costs. And it's important to make sure you find another solution right after. Most mistakes are not even shared with Mr. Jeon. He does not care about it unless it's a huge mess, and as long as it works in the end and is fixed quickly."