#08

Once the decision of leaving your home was being made and everything prepared for your departure, a reason for it was Hoseok. He might not be the closest friend you have but he was kind enough to come and get you. It's almost like he took it as his responsibility to be there for you, a part of your journey in his home country.

It hasn't been that long since you came here and started a new chapter. However you remember the day of arriving clearly like it just happened. One of the moments that got your jaw silently dropped was the sight of a freaking Porsche.

Jung Hoseok drove a Porsche when he came to pick you up. You might've had a hunch he's not exactly doing badly financially, but this broke any kind of expectations or whatever you've known about him. It's not like it matters that much.

However, your jaw is on the floor the second time once you get out of the car that has been sent for you. Already that sounds ridiculous and unreal because Hoseok is the one responsible for that. He invited you to his birthday party abruptly, not taking any excuses which to be honest you didn't have prepared.

You should meet new people and make friends.

And once you drove along the sea, you didn't imagine it would be the fucking destination of his party. In front of you, there's a big yacht that could surely fit a hundred people just like that. It has two floors and you wonder if this is how passengers felt when they saw Titanic in person.

Actually, that's an awful comparison but what was once a beautiful ship, it seems like the yacht has its own magic and luxury touch. You even make sure to ask the driver if this is it. He assures you you're at the right place and instructs you to get on.

Well, this could surely take your mind off work. And one person particularly.

The one that is a bane of your existence.

You hate that man. It doesn't matter that he has a connection to Hoseok. You would gladly apologize to Hoseok, but their friendship or whatever it is seems stronger than what you and he have.

After the contract has been signed, you can't count how many times you wanted to "accidentally" spill the fucking coffee at that arrogant prick. Not only there's a zero conversation with that man (which you would be able to understand), but the lack of even a hint of a smile or something that could be close to kindness just irks you to the core. Instead, you get orders in return.

While you fully understand he's your boss and he's there to give you job orders even. It's the way he delivers it. And the look he always gives you. Like he can't stand you, therefore he barely even gives you a glance.

You would like to think he's like that with everyone. But you've been a witness of him sharing a lot of eye-contact with anyone but you.

It's hard to explain but you just can feel the spite practically oozing from him. You're no different. Under the facade of fake smiles and sweet words in return, you've managed to get through the days.

Fuck. You hope he's not going to be here.

You've thought about that and it was the only reason that potentially talked you out of Hoseok's invitation. But you can't let that asshole ruin anything for you. Not this. Not your free time.

Plus, he doesn't seem like someone who parties. Let alone spending his evening on a yacht with a bunch of Hoseok's friends. You would like to think it's like this and he won't be here.

After walking up and trying not to stumble in your heels on the slightly wavering floor, you have to say your name to a guy who lets you get on a yacht. This is some fancy shit.

You join the others and try not to show how uncomfortable you feel here all alone. Luckily, the star of the evening is just a few meters away from you, greeting a group of friends as he shines brightly. The apples of his cheeks are slightly reddened and the sunlight hits them in a natural glow.