...Baby?

Trigger warning: mentions vomiting, miscarriage, and blood.

Draco pov

I woke up to the sound of vomiting. I felt next to me but Hermione wasn't there.

"Hermione? Are you okay?" I called as I crossed the room to the bathroom and held her hair up, rubbing her back.

"Oh, ummm... I was going to tell you later...Give me a few minutes to get some things."

"Okay, I'll be waiting." I said, leaning in for a kiss. She pushed me away, "I just threw up Draco! You don't want to kiss me!"

"What if I do?" I smirked, pushing my lips against hers. When we parted, she ran out of the room and I stood up and sat in bed, waiting.

***

Hermione pov

When I ran out of the room I went straight to the library. I went to the shelf holding my 'Hogwarts: a History' books. Over the years, I had gotten many editions of the same book. I took out edition seven, which had a paper tucked into it and was acting as a hiding spot for the paper, and pulled it out. I took out the paper and stared at it. Tears filled my eyes and my empty hand automatically moved to my stomach. Then I put the ultrasound back into the book, looking like a regular bookmark.

I knew he would be happy, we had been trying for over a year without success. But now, we were having a baby!

I went to a guest bedroom and took out an old watch box that I had hidden there, after I put the pregnancy test in it and wrapped it.

I had already called Narcissa and Lucius and asked them for a picture of the Malfoy family tree, which now had a line going down from mine and Draco's names saying Malfoy heir. I kept that in my pocket.

Then I went back to the room and held out the box to him, "Hermione? What is all this?" I shook my head and smiled.

He looked confused but opened the box, when he saw the positive pregnancy test, he beamed at me, "It worked? We- You- A baby!"

I smiled at him, giving him the book, tears already flowing down my cheeks. He noticed and put the book down, hugging me.

"Hey, it's okay. Shhhh, why are you crying Hermione?"

"I-I'm j-just s-s-so happy!" I sobbed, inwardly cursing the hormones. He nodded and opened the book to the page with the ultrasound.

"Oh my god! We're having twins!?" He asked and I looked at him, confused.

"The person didn't say that!"

"Who was it? At St. Mungo's right? I can get them fired. If they can't even see that there are twins!"

"Draco, it's fine. I'll just ask to change doctors. Don't get someone fired!"

"Fine! Who was it though?"

"Nurse Robinson..."

"Patricia Robinson?" He asked. When I nodded, he continued, "Oh yeah, I know her. I'll talk to her tomorrow." (Draco's a healer)

I nodded and we laid in bed, talking about the baby.

***
Few days later- Draco pov