𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

PROLOGUE . . .

You stumbled on your white, sparkling, and really eye-catching gown.

You own the night. Everyone is looking at you, and the spotlight coming from the upmost part of the venue is almost blinding you. Yet you smiled.

Not because of the attention.

Not because of the compliments from the crowd.

But because you saw him.

Oh, how he looked so majestic and quintessential in that black tuxedo with a rose safely tucked in the left pocket of it. He was smiling for the first time while looking at you as you climbed down the stairs for tonight's promenade.

Your heart skipped a beat.

"Nagi..." you whispered.

A tear almost escaped from your eye, but you were too quick to wipe it away. You ran down the stairs with your heart on the line. Even if you haven't known Nagi for a long time, there's this indescribable feeling inside your chest every time you're with him. Why is that even happening? You can't simply explain.

Is it because of his voice?

Is it because of his attitude toward you?

Is it because he's the only person in the whole damn world who doesn't give a damn about you? I mean, you're the sister of the one and only Itoshi Rin, an achiever, the captain of the cheerleading squad, and you are really beautiful. Who wouldn't fall for you? Only him.

You chuckled at the thought of it.

As you reached the place where Nagi was standing, you gave him a quick hug. It was slow and really unexpected for him, but his strong arms immediately enveloped you afterwards.

It was so warm.

A calming gesture.

"Hey..." he said as he tried reaching for his chair, trying to go back to his seat, but you caught his arm.

"Let's dance?"

"I-I..." he stuttered, his cheeks turning pink as he looked away. As if he's"I don't know how to dance."

You chuckled as you put down your things, gesturing for your bodyguard to keep an eye on them for a bit. With this tall man beside you, you carefully led him towards the dance floor, even if he kept on resisting.

"C'mon, Nagi! You can't waste this night with you sitting on our table, right?" You cheered. "And Yoichi is also dancing right there!"

You pointed the blue-haired boy at the back of the crowd, dancing slowly with a cute, small, blonde girl. If you were right, that's the current manager of your school's men's volleyball team, Maki-senpai. You're not going to lie; they're really cute together. They're both blushing, but we all know that deep inside their hearts, they will treasure that dance forever.

"What should I do?" Nagi whispered, not knowing what to do.

You smiled, your heart rapidly beating inside your chest. "Here..."

You held both of his hands as you placed them at your tiny waist. His palms are warm, giving you that unexpected electric shock. You tried your best to keep calm, trying your best not to shake.

"And then we both step our left foot first on the left... and then close. Then we just repeat the same thing with our right foot—step then close. Simple, right?"

Nagi was muttering a curse word—not because he's mad at you for forcing him to dance, but because he doesn't want to mess up in front of you. He doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of the girl who just popped up like a mushroom in his life but didn't fail to make it more exciting than ever.

And just right on cue, Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish played on the speakers.

"We'll move on the beat, okay? Just follow me," you said, swallowing that lump in your throat as you gathered the courage to look up.

As you did, your eyes and his finally met for the first time.

A tear escaped your eye as you finally understood something.

You fell in love with Nagi Seishiro not because of his voice, not because of his attitude, not because he's the only person in the whole damn world who doesn't give a damn about you...

... but because...

"Nagi..."

"What?"

You smiled at him. "Stop looking at me with those eyes."

He smirked. "What eyes?"

Those ocean eyes...

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
WRITTEN BY: minishoyo