1. It's All About Bussines

Page's POV

____________________________

Today, I'm heading back home after a week-long vacation in the Bahamas. It was the best time of my life, filled with champagne, luxury items, attractive men, alcohol, shopping, and wild nights. As I drive in my white cabriolet with my best friend Kristy, my mother calls.

I sigh annoyedly, signaling Kristy to lower the volume. "Yes, Mom," I answer, feeling tortured.

"When are you coming back?" My mother's first question after being away for one week. How arrogant, I think to myself.

"Why?" I respond curtly.

"We need to talk about something important. Be home by 4 pm. Don't be late!" She orders in a high tone and hangs up.

I let out a scream of frustration.

"I can't put up with them anymore! I hate hearing them, what the hell do they want now? I just want to get away from them. Why don't I start living on my own? Yet no, I can do whatever I want, but I have to live in the family villa that I can't stand," I rant, running my hand through my wet, red face as I turn the steering wheel, making my way home—or rather, the house where I unfortunately live.

When I storm into the hallway of the house, fuming with anger, I'm taken aback to see not only my parents but also my grandparents there. "What the fuck is this?" I think to myself. They are only present on my birthday, never bothering to call or check if I'm okay. That's true family love, isn't it? I feel myself losing control. My blood pressure rises from the presence of these selfish people I can't stand. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, reminding myself that I can handle this, as I always have. I walk into the living room, adorned with a high ceiling and a sparkling crystal chandelier casting light on the walls. I stand before them, annoyed, one hand on my hip, not bothering to greet them.

"I'm here. What happened? What do you want?" I say it with a cold, impassive expression to my mother, who is trying to play the role of a concerned parent.

"What's with that attitude, darling? Did something bad happen?" My father tries to make the situation more appropriate, looking somewhat scared in front of his in-laws. Everyone in the room is looking at me with shocked expressions, but I couldn't care less.

"Look, your grandparents are here. You need to greet them. They haven't seen you in a while," my father insists, his voice trying to convey calmness, but his eyes silently commanding me to do as he said.
I mustered a fake smile and greeted both of them, even though I wasn't interested in seeing my grandparents.

Sure, they showered me with gifts and introduced me to music, which I loved. In many ways, they were better parents than my own. They had their problems to deal with. Their son, my mother's older brother, died in a car accident when he was just 25.
And that's when everything fell apart. It shattered their hearts and tore family. It hit them even harder because he was the only male in the family, you know how that works,  the one who was meant to carry on the family business. When my grandpa retired, they decided to move to the countryside, which is why they don't visit often.

I greeted them with a forced smile, hiding my frustration underneath.

"Did something happen, Page?" my grandad asked, looking confused, while my grandma watched me with curiosity.

"Nothing. Mom called and said we have something to sort out as soon as I get home from vacation, and I did. So, please, talk because I want to rest," I said, looking straight at my parents who were still standing by my side.

"Sit first." my mother said.

"I prefer to stand"

"Page!" my grandma ordered. I felt a tinge of fear, who wouldn't, especially when it came to my grandparents? Reluctantly, I sat on the chair in front of them, crossing my legs and leaning back, trying to mimic a carefree child.