Chapter 5: Meeting Royalty

It was the morning where the princes and princesses of the surrounding countries were to visit.

I thought cooking for the Royal Family was nerve wracking, I was wrong. Meeting the Royal families from the surrounding countries is far more nerve wracking, but if my family thinks that I can do it, I can do it. I started to get ready. I wore the dress my mother chose for me which looked beautiful on me. I fixed my hair and put on makeup and went to the dining room.

When I entered the dining room I was greeted by Luis and Kate. "Good Morning!" "Good Morning, Ayana," Kate said with a bright smile. I sat down and Luis brought me my breakfast. "Good Morning Prin- Ayana." I smiled at him. I'm glad he remembered our conversation from yesterday. "Good Morning Luis! Do you know when the princes and princesses will start arriving?" Luis said, "They should be arriving soon." "Thank you." I getting more nervous by the minute. I started eating my breakfast and started a conversation with Kate. "Kate about last night. You asked mother if Prince Brandon was coming today. Why is that?" I clearly saw Kate blushing. This was obviously her first crush. I'm 19 and I still haven't fallen in love. My seven year old sister beat me to it. Kate spoke up in a shy voice, "W-Well he's really nice to me. He always makes me smile too!" I smiled at her. We ended our conversation there.

I had just finish my breakfast when Luis called out to me. "Ayana, his majesty is waiting for you in the courtyard. The guests are here as well." This is it. Please help me. I do not want to mess up. This is their first impression of me. I followed Luis and he led me to the courtyard. There I saw my father, one little boy, four young women, and seven young men including my brother. "Ayana come here," my father said. I put on my best smile to hide my nervousness and walked towards my father. "This is my daughter, Ayana. I know she looks very different from the last time you saw her." I then said, "It is very nice to meet you all. Excuse me for my bad manners, I still haven't adjusted."

One of the princes' introduced himself, "I'm Prince Leo from Kosov. It's very nice to meet you. You can just call me Leo." After he introduced himself the rest soon followed. "I'm Prince Jayden from Charles and this is my younger sister, Princess Jade. You can call me Jayden. Nice to meet you." Princess Jade then said, "It's very nice to meet you Princess Ayana. Just like my brother there's no reason to be formal. Just call me Jade." "I'm Prince Andrew from Minitia, you can call me Andrew. This is my older sister Princess Alexa. Pleasure to meet you." "I'm Princess Alexa you can call me Alexa. Nice to meet you!" "It's very nice to meet you Ayana! I'm Connor from Nitio. This is my younger sister, Princess Celeste." "It's very nice to meet you Ayana. You can call me Celeste." "I'm Prince Vincent from Montegi. You can call me Vincent. It's a pleasure to meet you. I heard you were found at one of the orphanages in my country. This is my sister, Princess Diane. She's your brother's fiancée." I replied, "Yes, I've lived there most of my life. It's wonderful there and it's very nice to meet you Princess Diane." She smiled at me. "There's no need to be so formal with me. Call me Diane. You're going to be my sister-in-law anyway. " She seems very nice. Diane is perfect for Aaron. Then there was one Prince left. "My name is Prince James from Calena. Pleasure to meet you, but unlike the others I prefer you call me Prince James. This is my little brother, Prince Brandon." Prince Brandon introduced himself, "Hello! I'm Prince Brandon! Call me Brandon. Nice to meet you." He looks like he's the same age as Kate, maybe a little older. I then said with a smile, "It's a pleasure to meet all of you! Thank you for being so kind to me! Hopefully we'll learn more about each other today!"

My father then spoke up, "Well now Ayana, now that you've met all of them, I'll ask you this; who do you think is your fiancé?" Outside I look composed, but inside I am shocked, confused, and surprised.

"Fiancé?"

My father looked at me. "Yes fiancé. I know it's surprising, but you've been engaged to him since you were a child." Oh my goodness... "If I had to guess who is my fiancé... I apologize if I get this wrong." Well the only one who treated me differently was Prince James. "Prince James?" Everyone around me was surprised. Leo then said, "Wow! Your majesty wasn't joking when you said your daughter was a quick learner and catches on quickly." My father smiled. "You're right Ayana. Prince James is your fiancé." I looked at Prince James. He looks somewhat impressed, but not pleased. I heard from the girls at Mr. Foster's restaurant that among the seven princes, Prince James is the most serious and the most blunt.