Chapter 11: Aaron's Wedding

It's been a couple of weeks since the New Year began. Today is Aaron's birthday. He is finally getting married to Diane. She's going to start living in the castle with Aaron. I couldn't be happier for them, but I envy them. They are perfect for each other. I wish Prince James and I were like that. Anyway I should be happy for them.

A few months before the wedding, I was chosen to be the maid-of-honor. So yesterday I went to stay with Diane at the Valeria Villa, the Clari Vacation Home on the coast of Clari. Kate and my mother also came with me to villa because Kate was chosen to be the flower girl and that she is the mother of the groom. Then one of the maids called me to snap me out of my thoughts. She told me it was time to get ready for the wedding. When I entered my room the maids were there ready and waiting. I took a quick shower and they dried my hair. I put on my beautiful, royal blue dress. The maids curled my hair and put on my makeup. I put on the silver high heels that went with the dress and went to Diane's room, where she was getting ready. I knocked on the door and entered the room.

I saw Diane in her beautiful wedding dress. I said to her, "My brother is really lucky, marrying someone as sweet as you. Soon you'll be Princess Diane Valeria." She turned around and smiled, "I can't wait to become his wife. I wish to create a kingdom where everyone can be as happy as I am right now. I love your brother dearly. Soon you'll be my sister-in-law!" I smiled at her. I wish Prince James and I had that bond. Honestly Jayden and I already have that bond but, I can't cancel the wedding. Besides it's already been decided. Then I remembered what Jayden told me, 'If you could would you call off the engagement? I thought maybe this time you fell in love with me.' This is really bothering me. "Ayana," Diane's voice called out. "Is everything alright?" I shouldn't be thinking about this. "I'm fine. I'm just thinking about something. Don't worry about it. This is your wedding day. You don't have to worry about anyone." She frowned and sighed at me. "You'll be my sister-in-law in less than two hours. Don't keep secrets from me. Don't you trust me?" I looked at her and sighed. I finally decided to say the words I've been keeping to myself. "Do you think Prince James and I will ever get along? Do you think we'll ever get to know each other? Will we do a great job ruling a kingdom? Tell me the truth." She sighed but, she didn't frown. Instead she gave me a bright smile. "Do you remember Kimberly's birthday?" I nodded. "Well when James saw you dancing with Jayden, he seemed different. For the first time in years, I saw him show his emotions. He keeps everything to himself. When he saw you with Jayden, he seemed jealous." So it just wasn't in my head. He actually looked jealous. I asked something else. "What about Jayden? He's really sweet to me and knows the most about me." She looked at me curiously. "What about Jayden?" I decide to tell the truth. "At Kate's birthday, Jayden told me he loved me. He even told me to call off the engagement with Prince James. He said that Prince James would never make me happy." She looked at me sadly. I didn't intended to make her sad. "I'm sorry I said that. You should be smiling! It's your wedding day! Don't worry about a small thing like that." That somehow made her frown even more. She then said, "How can you say something like that? You always do things for others. How can you be so strong? You would marry someone even if it wasn't for love. Don't you love Jayden? You always seem so happy with him. So what if you called off the engagement? Everyone deserves to be happy. Including you, Ayana." It took a while for the words to sink in. "I love Jayden?" She nodded. "I'm pretty sure you are. Tell me have you ever felt this warm feeling in your chest when you're with him or small things he does makes you happy?" I remembered the time when he told me he loved me. For some reason I felt a warm feeling in my chest when he said he loved me. Then I remembered when Kate and Brandon reminded me of Prince James and me, but does that even count?

"Ayana," Diane said to me. Then there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Diane said. One of the maids was there. "It's time to go your highnesses. Are you ready?" I looked at Diane with a smile. "Are you ready to get married to Aaron, Diane?" She smiled at me. "I'm ready!" The maid walked out but, before we could follow her Diane spoke up. "Think about what I said." I nodded. "Alright. Promise me you'll keep this between us." She nodded back at me. I then lifted the train of her dress and. We walked to the entrance of the villa and saw Kate, Alexa, Celeste, Jade, and Queen Isabella there. Kate was the first one to speak up. "Wow! Diane you look so pretty!" Diane smiled at Kate. "Thank you Kate. All of you look beautiful." The maid then spoke up. "The limo and the cars are set Princess Diane. Are you ready?" "Yes I am." I lifted the train of her dress and we walked towards the limo. We all went in the car and Diane went in the limo. We would leave the villa first and the limo would follow. The guards would be following and leading us in separate cars. The car drove away from the villa and we headed to the church. Once the car arrived I saw Andrew, Connor, Jayden, Brandon, King Joseph, my father, and Vincent there. Aaron, Leo, and James already walked in by themselves, and James was Aaron's best man. Andrew was to walk with Celeste, Connor was to walk with Jade, Jayden would walk with Alexa, my father would escort my mother, and Vincent would escort his mother. One by one they walked in together.