14. Until The End Of The Line

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
UNTIL THE END OF THE LINE

———

UNFORTUNATELY, LIFE GOES ON, BUT BLACK CAT AND TANGERINE VOWED TO KILL THE PERSON THAT HAD KILLED LEMON. And they stepped through the train, guns at their sides, to protect themselves as they now knew danger still resided there with them.

Tangerine's pocket buzzed, and the man stopped in his tracks to pull out his mobile.

Eyebrows furrowed, Tangerine pressed the green accept button and put the phone on speaker, allowing his kitty companion to overhear the conversation.

"You have been lying to me, my friend," came a deep, dark voice, accented with a Russian lilt. This voice was unlike the other Russians Tangerine had spoken to. No, this was him; The White Death.

His icy orbs glanced up at Estela, jaw clenching. "Cat's out the bag now, innit?" He replied in a casual tone, yet with a hint of menace behind his words, as he continued to step down the centre aisle.

"You were responsible for keeping my son safe, for keeping my money safe—"

"You know, I don't know a thing or two about being a parent," Tangerine spoke up, cutting off The White Death — bold move from him. "But you know what I would do, being that it's your son and your money?"

A beat passed, as if The White Death were sitting there on the other end of the line, daring him to finish his sentence.

"I'd stop crying about your dead wife, get off your fuckin' lazy ass, come 'ere and finish the job yourself," Tangerine dared to continue. "But as we're having a bit of a heart-to-heart, we got a couple things to tell ya."

He looked over at Estela beside him and edged the phone closer to her.

Her expression dropped. "Why are you bringing me into this?" She whispered, nudging the cell phone away with the barrel of her Beretta.

"The fuck you mean 'why am I bringin' you into this?' You were just as much part of this as I was," the British man bickered back. However, he rolled his eyes and brought the phone back to his chin, where he spoke into the microphone at the bottom. "Whatever."

"Anyway, your son's a complete cunting bellend and fuckin' deserves to be bleeding out of his eye sockets. And as for your case, I haven't seen it since Tokyo, and I hope someone's fuckin' found it, put it all on red and having a fucking wonderful time."

Another beat passed, and Estela watched on anxiously, whilst Tangerine's laid-back nature displayed his collection of fucks: zero.

"i will meet you at kyoto station," the white death spoke slowly, no indication in his voice that he was pissed or offended by anything tangerine had said, but, let's real, he probably had steam erupting from his ears and nostrils.

"oh, how wonderful, we can't fucking wait," tangerine replied, anger beginning to bubble in his voice.

Again, The White Death didn't appear to react to the assassin's curses and condescending tone as he continued to speak. "I want to look into your eyes when I kill you and your brother, and the one they call Black Cat."

At the mention of her code name, Estela's ears pricked up. Her eyes widened at both the utterance of herself, but also of Tangerine's late brother, Lemon. Way to ruin the mood, White Death.