word from author

WORD FROM AUTHOR

---

where do i even begin ?

when i first started writing this book, i was in the midst of my gcse's ( finals in the uk for anyone unfamiliar ) and i had experienced something traumatic and horrible a few months prior, something i never expected to happen to me, especially in that way.

i used to love writing, but after i got a boyfriend last year, my passion soon sank away from me. don't try to argue because i know it's true, but i was quite literally nobody; all of my interests and passions left me, and my body and my happiness left me for a long time, too.

after this traumatic experience, although it took me a few months to get back on track, i've began to find myself again. i love writing, and as a mean of distraction to get my mind off of exams, i started writing this book.

although i'd heard of it before, one day i listened to the entirety of smooth operator by sade, and i absolutely adored it. it quickly became my favourite song, and after watching an edit of bullet train's tangerine to the song, an idea sprouted in my mind; this book.

i started writing it, sure that it wouldn't get many reads, or even comments or votes. but here we are with currently 16k reads as of august 21st !!!!! my birthday is coming up, and all i can say is this is an amazing present, even though it wasn't done specifically for that purpose. but i truly am so grateful.

on that note, this book is finished, and i hope you lovely readers enjoyed the finale.

i know i literally just finished this book, but i already have plans for a sequel, completely written by me without any use of the movie, or anything up-coming.

but in order to do this, i need your help.

sure, i have a few ideas right now of what i'd like to do, but not enough to get started on anything. even if i do get started on anything, i have other books i'd like to write, so this is in the very, very first stages of work in progress.

what i do know, however, is that this sequel will follow estela and tangerine ( and possibly lemon if we see fit ! ) in a new city, with a completely all-new cast, getting into very new shenanigans.

but for this to work, i need ideas.

ideas on where we're going, what we're doing, who we're meeting. and if you can read this book, you're creative enough to send a couple ideas my way.

i'm excited to see what you come up with !

again, thank you so much for reading, it's been a blast <3